JD can SHOOT!

This is a discussion on JD can SHOOT! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; JD finally made it to our monthly IDPA match, this one being the classifier. Yes, it's boring, yes it's long, but on the bright side, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JD can SHOOT!

JD can SHOOT!

JD finally made it to our monthly IDPA match, this one being the classifier. Yes, it's boring, yes it's long, but on the bright side, it's tactically insignificant...<g>

Anywho--the boy can freakin' SHOOT. He classed out 80 points higher than I've ever seen a "new guy" shoot--I won't give the score because I don't know if he'd like that or not, but rest assured that you don't want this kid mad at ya.

And his 1911 worked for the whole match. Now my world view is in question....LOL. Now to get Lima in there--no way a Kimber is going to make 90 consecutive rounds! <g>

John--it was good to meet ya, and good to see ya perform. My respects--ya done good in a tough crowd today. You were utterly safe, utterly competent, and truly a pleasure to have aboard. Thanks man!

By the way--on his first match, he won his Division and won "most accurate" in that division. Any of ya who shoot IDPA know--that's impressive.

Semper Fi,
    Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

2. Remove Ads

Hey, he's a Marine! What do you expect?

Semper Fi

(Now, if you ever see me shoot, I'm gonna choke on those words!)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Sounds about right.

Semper Fi

PS -- good job JD.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Hey, he's a Marine! What do you expect?
    I didnt know IDPA used bayonets.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator

Thumbs up

Congrats JD.

Senior Moderator
    He's a Moderator.

All Mods are crack shots.

I thought everyone knew that.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    I heard he used a .22.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    Well crap....

I shot CDP, I think there were like three of there today with .45s, Glocks were the order of the day and I saw a Sig and a CZ thrown in for good measure. I don't know what they were shooting at the other set of target points aside from the other two guys with 1911s.

I shot a 135.12??, I'd have to double check what I wrote down.

Not too terribly bad for a first match, I'm rusty, it was my first REAL pistol work since leaving VA and on top of that I have an infected jaw and went the day sans medication so I could be "right in the head" for shooting sports.

I had to tease Dan as for some reason I MUST have done something wrong as the Baer didn't jam, didn't break, and I didn't forget to disengage the thumb safety.

As for Lima, she won't be shooting the Kimber for competition as this is the Wilson I told you about, the Kimber is for carry, Wilson is for the shooting work.

I don't know if I'm ready to bring her out there, I felt bad being the "new guy" and out shooting some of the Glockpphiles, I don't know how they'll feel about getting beat by the dainty blond.

It was good to get out and finally meet some of the local people, you got a good batch of guys shooting there, sure it was a sausage fest, but we can work on that.

No mercy, eh?

Congrats on the good shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Well crap....

I shot CDP, I think there were like three of there today with .45s, Glocks were the order of the day and I saw a Sig and a CZ thrown in for good measure. I don't know what they were shooting at the other set of target points aside from the other two guys with 1911s.

I shot a 135.12??, I'd have to double check what I wrote down.

Not too terribly bad for a first match, I'm rusty, it was my first REAL pistol work since leaving VA and on top of that I have an infected jaw and went the day sans medication so I could be "right in the head" for shooting sports.

I had to tease Dan as for some reason I MUST have done something wrong as the Baer didn't jam, didn't break, and I didn't forget to disengage the thumb safety.

As for Lima, she won't be shooting the Kimber for competition as this is the Wilson I told you about, the Kimber is for carry, Wilson is for the shooting work.

I don't know if I'm ready to bring her out there, I felt bad being the "new guy" and out shooting some of the Glockpphiles, I don't know how they'll feel about getting beat by the dainty blond.

It was good to get out and finally meet some of the local people, you got a good batch of guys shooting there, sure it was a sausage fest, but we can work on that.
    Just make sure everybody knows who the dainty blond belongs to and go for it. Maybe it'll push some into getting some training.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Guys, you can be proud of JD.

A "typical" first time score on the IDPA classifier is in the 200s. The boy won his Division, and he was aganst guys who are not slouches--they know which end of the gun to point at the berm. AND IT WAS HIS FIRST MATCH!

JD--I don't give idle praise--ya oughta know that by now--especially to 1911 shooters. <g> Ya done good today--enjoy it, will ya? LOL

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Guys, you can be proud of JD.

A "typical" first time score on the IDPA classifier is in the 200s. The boy won his Division, and he was aganst guys who are not slouches--they know which end of the gun to point at the berm. AND IT WAS HIS FIRST MATCH!

JD--I don't give idle praise--ya oughta know that by now--especially to 1911 shooters. <g> Ya done good today--enjoy it, will ya? LOL

Dan
    Oh I'm enjoying it, but if I smile any more I'm going to have to take another Vicodin...my jaw is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I didnt know IDPA used bayonets.
    Bayonets and pugil sticks for the Missouri Chapters....
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Bayonets and pugil sticks for the Missouri Chapters....
    Any chapters allow Mk 2 pineapples? How about M59 or M68?

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    GET SOME! Great shooting. I haven't been able to compete in IDPA yet, but we are hoping they start shooting on an evening that me and a couple of friends can attend.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links