Crickett?

This is a discussion on Crickett? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My son (he's 7) wants a Crickett for his birthday, which is coming up in about a month. I was wondering if anyone had any ...

Thread: Crickett?

Crickett?

My son (he's 7) wants a Crickett for his birthday, which is coming up in about a month. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them and could offer any opinions?

2. Remove Ads

We got this one for our daughter this past Christmas and she loves it. She was six at the time and she shoots it very well. For the price, they are very good little rifles. The only complaint I had was the safety lock on it. It is a push button on the bottom of the gun that blocks the bolt from closing and requires a key to unlock. When we took it out the first time, it would keep engaging every time we would load another round in it while resting on the table. I took the lock out of the gun so that we would not continue having that problem.

Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Administrator
    1,2,3... CUTE KID /\ /\

My son has one, its a older model I picked up a few months ago. Aside from the trigger, it really isnt a bad little rifle at all. He loves it, and thinks its the best rifle ever made, and that is all that matters.

The trigger (the entire mechanism) is chincy, but, I havent found any better in the pee wee rifles.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My boy loves his. We got it for him last Christmas when he was 5. With a bolt action it forces him to focus on the targets instead of just blowing through ammo. He has become a pretty good shooter.

I am not too happy with the plastic front sight, but then again most youth rifles I have seen that is pretty common. I do like the rear peep sight. With a bolt action, there really isn't much to go wrong, therefore IMO they are much safer for new young shooters.

Good luck if you decide to get him one.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Got one for my youngest daughter for Christmas just before her fifth birthday. The only problem I have with it is that every I go to the range now I never get to shoot! She loves that gun. She even took one of her targets and her shooting glasses and muffs to school for show and tell last year![IMG][/IMG]

VIP Member
    Cute Kids, These Kids will be able to take care of themselves down the road. Thanks for sharing.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    My youngest daughter has on and she loves it! We have not had a single problem out of it and she runs rnds through it as fast as she can operate the bolt.
    [One Nation Under God]

All kids are beautiful. Kids with Cricketts are beautiful...and they can shoot!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

My 10-yr old has had one for over two years now. Good little shooter. Peeps sights are fully adjustable and like Sixto said above, the whole bolt mechanism is 'chincy'; but very basic design makes for easy operation and cleaning. With the bolt open, all you have to do is pull the trigger to allow the bolt to slide out the back of the receiver for easy cleaning with a rod. I'm about to move him up to a 10/22 now that he's learned to be more patient with the single-shot bolt action.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    At 26 years old I still have my singleshot .22 from when I was 7, trust me the Crickett is a good idea.
    I still shoot it too.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I still shoot it too.
    I'll trust the LOP is just a little tight for you by now .
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Anytime a son/daughter wants a gun for Christmas/Birthday it should make a
    parent PROUD !!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Links