Small town barber shops and guns?

This is a discussion on Small town barber shops and guns? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This morning I was on my way to a trial and stopped in my local small town barber shop for a hair cut. (duh) So ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small town barber shops and guns?

Administrator

This morning I was on my way to a trial and stopped in my local small town barber shop for a hair cut. (duh)

So anyway, I walk in, and there were a few other guys there. I sat down in a chair and the barber that usually cuts my hair excuses himself, says he'll be right back. I assumed he was going to relieve himself or something.
    But, he quickly returns with a awesome, but disassembled old wingmaster. He couldn't get it back to together. He said he heard I knew a little about 870's and asked if I could get it back together.

So, as he cut my hair, I put the old wingmaster back together for him. He decided we should trade our labor... and made a date for the upcoming quail season.

Only in small town America.

"Just blame Sixto"

Gotta love small towns like that, sounds like paradise.

That's a great story.

I wish stuff like that happened here.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Sixto...we must have grown up together...in different places...but the same conditions. There ain't nothing like Smalltown, USA.

I have great sympathy for those that are trapped in the Big City... you know, the ones over 15,000 population

surv

VIP Member
    Got to love the small town. My barber is a girl, but she's always up for a good chat and most of the magazines at the waiting seats are gun related. Love it.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Hope you were found 'not guilty'!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    Got to love the small town. My barber is a girl, but she's always up for a good chat and most of the magazines at the waiting seats are gun related. Love it.
    Weldon ;)

I wish I could find a real life Barber Shop.

I have to settle for a "Gentlemen's Establishment". The gals are hot, with skimpy clothes and the cuts are way over-priced. I envy you Sixto.

Biker

When I was a kid we lived 4 miles from the local town. When I needed a hair cut I'd grab the 22 rifle and a couple of boxes of cartridges and walk to town. Hunted grouse, plinked at ground squirrels, etc. When I got to the barber shop the owner made sure I unloaded and he would store the rifle for me and I'd show him any grouse I got on the way. A couple of times he traded me the hair cut for the grouse. I took the money to the local cafe and had a soda!! The good old days of the 60's.
    gunfighter 48
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!!
    NRA Life Member

$7 haircuts in my town and they shave the back of your neck with hot lather and straight razor! Oh, how I love real barbers!

Last year they were $6.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    $7 haircuts in my town and they shave the back of your neck with hot lather and straight razor! Oh, how I love real barbers!

Last year they were $6.
    The straight razor on the back of the neck was my favorite part of the whole expirience.

God I wish I could find a Barber Shop around here.

Biker

I found a shop in Columbia MO; Harley riddin' gun shootin' good 'ole boy that uses the hot lather shave of the neck, trims my beard and eye brows all for $9. Has no problem with OC in shop either.

Got my last cut before coming over here for free, said he does it for all military headed over and figured I deserved one as well.

kpw
    Have under 2000 in town here. Four hair shops, including my sister's place and one barber shop. If I went to the barber, my sister would shoot me. Besides, free cuts for the last 20 years for me and the kids, is hard to beat. Even hair salons have to have gun, hunting and outdoor magazines around here. I love small towns.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I am so scrood. My MIL used to cut my hair. Unfortunately the 2nd hubby is a total jerk, the only firearms allowed in the house are his, he is a reserve deputy for the County and thinks he's the only one in the world qualified to even touch a firearm.
    Good thing I decided to let my hair grow out longer and all one length, haven't needed more than a trim for over a year. Sooner or later I'll have to find a firearms-friendly salon or it will be dragging the floor.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

same here, i love my small country town..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links