gander mountain

gander mountain

This is a discussion on gander mountain within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If this is not the correct place, mods please move. Did any of you guys and girls ever use gander mountain firearm refinishing service?...

Thread: gander mountain

gander mountain

If this is not the correct place, mods please move.
    Did any of you guys and girls ever use gander mountain firearm refinishing service?

Nope.

My understanding is that the Gander in our town doesn't even do any of the smithing work themselves. Everything gets shipped off, and there is about a 6 month turn around. I have not heard whether they do good or bad work, but I would rather use someone that is quicker and does it without shipping the thing off if I needed the service.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I wanted electroless nickel plating done and no one around here does it. I was told 4-6weeks. Dropped it off on 9/24,we'll see how long it takes and how good they are.

VIP Member
    Suspect they will send it off, not do it locally.

Never had a refinish done, by them. However, the store in Roanoke did some in-house wheel-gun repair and a send off checkering job for me that I am very happy with.

Good luck and let us know.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Gunsmith said he will ship it out to the main store where they do all kinds of finishes and custom work. I went with them because i couldnt find anyone local and Gander Mountain had the best price, complete pistol refinish including internals for $195. I will definitely keep you guys posted and I'll post pics once it comes back.

Some of thier gun smiths are BUTCHERS at best ; )
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I would not take my stuff to GM, I prefer my local gun shop. I trust my local gun shop and they do most of their own work.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Let me tell you about Gander Mountain.

During the summer of 2008, my Bersa .380 failed to shoot just prior to shooting my qualification round. I took it to Gander Mountain as they were listed on Bersa's website as an authorized warranty repair center. They checked it out and called me the next day and said it had a broken spring and would have to order it and it would be in in about a week.

After a week, I start pestering and after two weeks I got pretty adamant. I asked the gunsmith why it was taking so long to get a $1 spring. He said he had to use his own credit card to order the spring because Gander Mtn. had no account with Bersa. Obviously, I found this kind of strange.

Nonetheless, after about another week I picked up my gun and the GS handed me an invoice. Of course, I stated that it was under warranty and I asked when I dropped off the gun if they did Bersa warranty just to be sure and the answer was yes. He said he was sorry, but that was the way it was. I then said if I knew it was going to take this long, I would have bought the spring myself and put it in. The GS then snapped back, you couldn't have put this spring in because it was staked. I then said, how do you know what I can or can't do. I could have easily done it. After some bantering back and forth I noticed a sign directly behind the GS that said Bersa Authorized Repair Center. I then asked the GS to turn around and read the sign behind him. He read it and sheepishly turned to his computer, printed me a no charge invoice, and handed me my gun. I stuck in in my waist band and walked out of the store.

I then went home and got on their website and filed a complaint. The next day the manager called me and quizzed me on what happened. I told him and he offered to sell me a box of ammo for half price. I never went back to the store and I won't. They will not get any more business from me.

Ohhhhh great!! I will flip out if its not back on time or if they mess my gun up

Sponsored Links