Got asked the Gun In The House ? today

This is a discussion on Got asked the Gun In The House ? today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had to make a trip to my general practitioner today for some lingering problems I've finally go fed up with. I have not been ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got asked the Gun In The House ? today

Got asked the Gun In The House ? today

I had to make a trip to my general practitioner today for some lingering problems I've finally go fed up with. I have not been there in two years so they had me fill out the obligatory forms. On one of the forms it asked me if I had a gun in the house. I answered yes. I suspect my physician is as liberal as they come. It will be interesting to see if anything is said going forward. I may be going back quite frequently if they can't find the problem. Stay tuned.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    I had to make a trip to my general practitioner today for some lingering problems I've finally go fed up with. I have not been there in two years so they had me fill out the obligatory forms. On one of the forms it asked me if I had a gun in the house. I answered yes. I suspect my physician is as liberal as they come. It will be interesting to see if anything is said going forward. I may be going back quite frequently if they can't find the problem. Stay tuned.
    I would have wrote none of their business. I have already instructed both of my children to give that answer if any doctor, dentist, etc asks that question.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I would not answer it, or answer it "No". It is none of their business.

VIP Member
    I'd leave any question I felt was not relevant to the medical exam blank. Doesn't matter if it is about guns or something else. If they don't like it too bad.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Huh?
    Why is it any other their business?
    My standard answer for questions like that is "NOYFB" or "NA" if I'm in a good mood.
    I am lucky though my doc is a gun nut and a hunting nut and a fishing nut. Some of the conversations we have are about more than just health
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Heh...I don't fill out any of them except the pertinent questions(symptoms, family history, etc...). Everything else gets left blank. Don't give them any room. If you answer some of them and only skip the obvious ones (firearms drugs etc...) then that leaves them room to think about it and form their own "opinion". By not answering ANY of them, they can't form any opinion ...

Sometimes the lack of knowledge is power.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I have already instructed both of my children to give that answer if any doctor, dentist, etc asks that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    My standard answer for questions like that is "NOYFB" or "NA" if I'm in a good mood.
    Good answers. And if I see that question on a form, I'm not going to be in a good mood, so I'll probably never make it to "NA".

what in the world.....

i would state N/A because it is none of their business.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Huh?
    Why is it any other their business?
    I am lucky though my doc is a gun nut and a hunting nut and a fishing nut. Some of the conversations we have are about more than just health
    I hope you don't mind me borrowing your answer from now on Rugergirl.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I prefer the NOYFB...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I've yet to be asked that question by a doctor or anyone else that thinks they have any "authority", but in my neighborhood it would be a really stupid question to ask anyway.

If asked on a "form", it would be left blank... then if asked verbally, it may just be the NOYFB answer...and NOT the acronymn. But I look "old and chrotchity"....I could pull it off

Premature gray (o.k....white) has it's advantages.

surv

I wouldn't have answered the question. That is none of your doctors business, period. If you felt obligated to answer the question, answer NO!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

VIP Member
    I would not have answered that question either and would have just left it blank.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I take a yearly hearing test at my company given by a contractor. Their questionnaire had a couple of questions I didn't much care for or answer about shooting guns. I let them know right off this was not pertinent information and frankly none of their business. The sign up sheets would also lay around on supervisors' desks the previous week with everyone's social security numbers in the open until the paperwork was given to the employee for the test. They don't do either of these things anymore. Now we just go and give our name when entering the testing van.

Like others here, that particular question has no bearing on my medical conditions and if I ever see it on any medical questionaires, there will also be no answer.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links