Harrett hand gun stocks

Harrett hand gun stocks

This is a discussion on Harrett hand gun stocks within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have carried a wheel gun ( S&W 66, 686 & 19 ) for over 40 years ( mil.,LEO ETC.) & for many years (almost ...

Thread: Harrett hand gun stocks

Harrett hand gun stocks

I have carried a wheel gun ( S&W 66, 686 & 19 ) for over 40 years ( mil.,LEO ETC.) & for many years (almost 40 yr.s ), these guns have been stocked by HARRETT Gun stocks available

They are custom fitted to my hand. ( & yes they work off hand also )

Anyone else have these ???

Note - I do change them out with "rubberized" grips for some uses.

below is a pic of me carrying my 19 W/ standard "Jordan" grips while doing VIP Protection in 1967. The man in the middle is Archie Moore.

Puffer
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (120.9 KB, 15 views)

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I used some Herrett's Jordan Troopers briefly on my 1980's duty/CC S&W Model 58, but only for single-action shooting, as there was no way I cold reach the trigger in DA mode. I obtained these pre-owned at a gun show, so they were sized for the previous owner's hands, not mine. (With my small hands, I need thin open-backstrap style grip/stock panels to reach the trigger to shoot an N-frame in DA mode.) One thing for sure, the Jordan Trooper stocks DO mitigate recoil.

When I reverted to S&W sixguns as duty handguns for a brief period in the mid-1990's, I had planned to order some Jordan Troopers, when the budget allowed, for the smaller-framed K-frames I was using. Before I got around to ordering them, however, I went back into another 1911 phase, and to my present DEEP regret, sold/traded my 19 and 66. A big part of me still wishes I was carrying that 19 and 66 as duty/CC handguns today. I can only do that if I become a plainclothes investigator, as all uniformed-wear primary duty handguns must be certain specified .40 autos. Some detectives must have a bit of "stroke" wiht the command staff, because plainclothes investigators can still qual with certain specified S&W K-andL-frames.

Yes, y'all read the "CC" part right; I did indeed carry the Model 58 concealed when off the clock. The fixed sights, and thinner frame topstrap, make a 58 carry more like an K/L-frame IWB.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    To continue, I later adapted those Jordan Troopers to an N-frame round-butt sixgun, exact model not remembered. I carved them down to open-backstap style, and they felt great in the hand, but I never shot that, or any other, round-butt N-frame as well as I wanted, so it went away in a sale or trade for something now forgotten. Yes, I do regret messing up those Herretts!

Since typing the previous post, I remembered that I obtained another pair of pre-owned Herretts Jordan Troopers, for when I may shoot my Model 58 again. That old warhorse of a sixgun needs to have some endshake and other looseness squared away before I do that, however. Sorry, no pics; I am still trying to emerge from the Polaroid era.

Links