Anybody know anything about this rifle?

Anybody know anything about this rifle?

This is a discussion on Anybody know anything about this rifle? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 308/762x51 savage #10 tactical rifle with accessories and ammo in M/case,stock-camouflage synthetic, scope 6x24x60 Barska ao #excavator, Harris bipod rifle in camouflage bush 15x45 spotter ...

Thread: Anybody know anything about this rifle?

Exclamation Anybody know anything about this rifle?

308/762x51 savage #10 tactical rifle with accessories and ammo in M/case,stock-camouflage synthetic, scope 6x24x60 Barska ao #excavator, Harris bipod rifle in camouflage bush 15x45 spotter scope.

Somebody offered me the above package in trade for my OLY KP23 AR-15 pistol. I have an ad on GUNS AMERICA and I'm offering the pistol for sale for $950. The other six examples of my gun for sale there range in price from about $800 to over $1600. This guy responds with this offer of a straight up trade.

I have also been thinking of a two for one trade which would more readily reflect the value of my OLY: The JUDGE 410/45LC AND an XD45 compact. But just swapping for the XD leaves me seriously in the hole considering the potential pay off as an investment should any more gun control laws be contemplated by our "Dear Leader."

I'm liking the idea of this trade but I'm not much of a tactical rifleman when it comes to turn bolt rifles. The deal includes: 130 rds with it. 30 rds are sniper rds nato 762mm-m67a1 in blue box in pic 100 rds 762x51 nato venezuela ball 5 green boxes In the pic you see m/case whole rifle and spotter scope in it .
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ExSoldier; October 16th, 2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: pix
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

IMO...the Savage model 10 rifle in .308 basically would go for around $400-$450 straight out of the box. With the Savages, aftermarket stocks seem to be way better than the stock fiberglass. That being said, maybe allow $100 on the aftermarket stock at the most. Harris bipod? Figure $40 max. May cost you closer to $50 depending on model. We're up to about $600 now right? The Barska scopes are cheap and edge Tasco on their offerings IMO, but that's not saying much. 6-24x60 is a humongous scope that's not needed IMO again...better off putting a mi-dot on a .308 and one of beter quality to match rifle capability. Forget the spotting scope on the whole deal..that should be a throw-in otherwise they can keep it. Allow $40 max for the scope, because you'll likely want something different right away. Look more to the mounts, and you'll more than likely be changing those as well. My judgement....the offered rifle package would be worth a net of $650 max to me. The added ammo..depending......might be valued at an even $100....depending. If you think you'll be happy with it, then I'll say the Savage rifles are everything they claim and more for the money. Strictly speaking financially, you'll be taking a loss on the deal. Hope this helps.
    BTW...I have a Savage 110FP with high quality aftermarket stock, Harris bipod, Springfield Armory tactical scope, action bedded and trigger work done by Aurora Tactical. I don't think I would ever let it go, but if I did, I wouldn't be asking over $850 for it for sure.

Thanks RAM ROD. That's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I have another related question: Is my offer to trade my OLY 2 for 1 against an XD45 compact & a Taurus "Judge" a reasonable deal? Am I likely to get such a response? Am I likely to get such an offer from a dealer at a gun show? Surely what a dealer would pay (wholesale) for my OLY is still more than what he'd pay for both the XD & a Judge, thus making my offer attractive? I haven't seen a lot of the OLY AR pistols at the shows and I'm told they are increasingly hard to find.

Can somebody tell me what the dealer prices are for all three? My OLY KP23 AR pistol, the XD45 and The Taurus Judge?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Sponsored Links