Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves - Page 11

Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier Those of you OLD folks who remember Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett in Hawaii Five OH would fire ONE round and ...

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Those of you OLD folks who remember Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett in Hawaii Five OH would fire ONE round and shoot the gun out of the bad guys hand at 50 meters.... from a helicopter. I used to love that show until I discovered that in real life, Jack Lord was a globalist believer in the NWO AND a dedicated anti gun fanatic.
    No way! Say it ain't so.

All of mine have pretty much been hit. No recoil rapid fire shooting and the need to loudly chamber a round in each moment of drama top them all though. Oh yeah. How about the pistol aim that is about ten inches below the eye line which still provides laser, pinpoint accuracy?
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by NoScreenName View Post
    Ah yes...

the mystical properties of cars and vehicles on film...

They are the safest things ever...

if you're the good guy. Or his partner. Or his friend. Or his love interest. (Or the innocent bystander that must help fight terrorists now that they've acidentally killed your neighbor and dog looking for the good guy. )

Everything on a Good Guy car will stop bullets. Yes, that's right, no matter where the hit is, the round will not go thru... That includes the windshield. Amazing I tell you. I can't bear to see another multiple frontal windshield hit scene, level with the driver that doesn't penetrate...

Cars in movies are the most mysterious things of all.

Yet they are so totally unsafe if you're not one of the good guys...

I wouldn't even stand anywhere near one for concealment if your nametag reads henchmen/thug #42. Bullets penetrate as they should. Even the glass. Right thru. I dunno... it's like the vehicle is made out of plastic, sheet metal and glass or something.
    Yet hit it just right and those sparks you kicked up will ignite the gas pouring form the punctured tank and the car will blow instantly. No spreading of flames, no raging inferno. Always a huge secondary. You don't even have to be trying to make it explode...

unless you are walking away from it with that look on your face... You know the look...

Sigh.
    Picture this, it is a moving/running gunfight that the GG is behind a car and is safe from the BG with a .50 BMG pistol move to the next position and BG is now at the SAME car and the car has now lost its magical bulletproofness, and gets shot through the trunk, front and back seats, firewall, engine block, radiator and grill by the Newcomer to the fight armed with a Ruger 22/45!

I guess the 300 .50 BMGs softened the car up for the single .22LR.

Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2ľ barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Has anyone else noticed that Horatio from CSI Miami holds his gun about 6 in from his face when he shoots?
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liljake82 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Horatio from CSI Miami holds his gun about 6 in from his face when he shoots?
    There's somebody on that show besides Callie?

No one ever aims. They hold the gun at hip height or chest height.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    There's somebody on that show besides Callie?

No there is onlyu Callie, I know, I watch CSI-Miami and only Miami all the time, I have never seen anyone but her

NRA Life member

GOA member

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet732 View Post
    No there is onlyu Callie, I know, I watch CSI-Miami and only Miami all the time, I have never seen anyone but her
    There's another CSI on that show who is pretty hot - but she doesn't shoot her gun. And the DNA lab tech is hot in that librarian kind of way.

Is it bad I don't know their characters' names?
    Last edited by AutoFan; January 8th, 2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Exclamation More on commando....

Quote Originally Posted by sdailey5 View Post
    In [I]Commando[I] with arnlold schwarzenegger, he's shooting some sort of a belt fed machine gun and the belt never gets any shorter. Sometimes it even lengthens itself!
    Never EVER misses and blows up a whole building with a couple of CLAYMORE MINES! PUH-LEASE!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    It never fails:

Jack Bauer has his finger on the trigger every time the gun is out.
    Wait, now you're messing with Jack Bauer. You've crossed the line.

Unrealistic movie scenarios

1. Lethal weapon 3 - towards the end when Martin Riggs fires armor-piercing rounds through the scoop of an industrial digger (from a handgun) and kills Travis with perfectly aimed shots, even though he can't see his target.
    2. The ability of screen actors to retain their weapon in either the 12:00 or 6:00 position, without the aid of a holster - just stick it in their pants and they're up and running.

Haven't read all the replys but my fav. mistake is you can hear someone take the safety off and when they show the gun it's a glock or other "non safety" firearm.

Second is the idiot that fires his 1911 without it being cocked.

Those rediculous sound effects remind me of that scene in Reno 911: Miami when Dangle and Junior go to investigate the noise complaint at the party.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Finers on the trigger, switching guns during the same scene, and suppressors on a revovler.

Watching Dirty Harry again last night and after the "6 or only 5" speech he cocks the revolver again, rotating the last possible live round out of battery and the bad guy is still scared.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    Watching Dirty Harry again last night and after the "6 or only 5" speech he cocks the revolver, rotating the last possible live round out of battery and the bad guy is still scared.
    It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I don't recall him lowering the hammer on a live round? Maybe he did, it's the only way the cartridge could get there.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Links