Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I really get a kick out of TV cops who shoot at,hit AND kill the BG with one round.If yall watch the News it always ...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

I really get a kick out of TV cops who shoot at,hit AND kill the BG with one round.If yall watch the News it always takes between 12 and 41 rounds.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

2. Remove Ads

#1- Adjusting the scope knobs to drag the target to the crosshairs!
    #2- Any vehicle shot blows up as if it had a 500 gallon gas tank
    #3- We don't need no stinkin' reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    The best version of that I've seen is this show called Flash Forward. The FBI guys have a forward cant holster at the 2 o'clock position. And they all carry double mag holders 11:30.

Hilarious! You know those FBI guys are always trying to show off their mag holders

That's funny cause today at lunch I was watching Flash Forward on Hulu with a buddy and I told him I didn't think anyone would carry their gun and mag holder at the 2 and 10 positions. You couldn't sit down.

My pet peeve is the fact that everyone that has a shotgun always racks in a shell several times without ever firing a shot. And of course the timeless classic of never emptying mags. I've seen shows before when they shot 10 to 15 rounds and had to grab a spare mag and it actually caught me by surprise it was so rare.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    One I always found funny was Rambo hip shooting an M60. Maybe that is why he was hollering when he did it, I bet it about broke his arm.
    I've fired an M60 that way for quite a few hundred round belts. No problems, whatsoever. Amazing my platoon '60s didn't jam once that time. Normally those old crates were jam-a-matics.

I ran a unit Qual range for the M60 in 1983 and we had a lot of ammo left over. On the grounds that if you turn ammo back into the ammo supply point they'll SHORT you that much ammo next time, my NCOs and I felt we had to burn it up. We loaded three guns and went rock and roll for about 20 min on the line, mostly firing RAMBO style from the hip. They got bored a lot faster than I did. I wish I'd had a camera, that'd be a great shot to show my students today! Back then as a 1LT I prolly weighed about 160 soaking wet. The M60 kicks a lot less than a turn bolt sniper rifle of the same caliber.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Those of you OLD folks who remember Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett in Hawaii Five OH would fire ONE round and shoot the gun out of the bad guys hand at 50 meters.... from a helicopter. I used to love that show until I discovered that in real life, Jack Lord was a globalist believer in the NWO AND a dedicated anti gun fanatic.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

In the Sopranos sometimes you'll see someone shooting a 1911 with the hammer down and not only will the slide not rack back but the hammer won't be cocked after the shot...

I've never heard of a double action automatic de-cocking 1911, have you?
    CZ 75 B
    DPMS AR 15
    CZ 453 American

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Those of you OLD folks who remember Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett in Hawaii Five OH would fire ONE round and shoot the gun out of the bad guys hand at 50 meters.... from a helicopter. I used to love that show until I discovered that in real life, Jack Lord was a globalist believer in the NWO AND a dedicated anti gun fanatic.
    I find it annoying to have anti gun actors that have no trouble playing a character that uses a gun. If they are so anti gun maybe they should not act in action movies where guns are used.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    I find it annoying to have anti gun actors that have no trouble playing a character that uses a gun. If they are so anti gun maybe they should not act in action movies where guns are used.
    Money helps them overlook their virtues every time. There are very few actors that can't be bought for the right price I'll bet.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Thumbs down Stallone, too.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    Another reason I'll never pay to see any movie with Stallone in it. I heard him once tell a TV reporter he'd like to confiscate all the guns in America. Just how many folks has he "killed" in his movies? WHOLE ARMIES!!

The broken down sniper rifle in a suitcase. They take it our, put it together, and are then on their first shot able to hit their target at any distance with the first round with no adjustments to the scope whatsoever. And of course, with no spotter either.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I couldn't stand the kid with the 'sniper' rifle in Saving Private Ryan. The camera showed the shot through the scope and no matter where the crosshairs were, the BG got shot, also I couldn't stand the fact that, because he was left handed, he would reach his left hand over the action to run the bolt.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

When a guy has his gun against someone's head trying to get them to talk. And when they refuse, he pulls it back and racks the slide (chambering a round) and places it back against their head. Lets them know he's ..... serious now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Remember "Cannon" fat WilliamConrad chasing a BG huffing and puffing, finally stops,draws,shoots,hits his target uphill,150 yards,running with a snubbie!the whole time wheezing like a Coastie on a forced march.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post

So let's hear what grinds your gears!
    When people obsess about guns in movies or on TV.
    "Just blame Sixto"

lol, oh man - that wanted movie with the "curving the bullet" was probably the single worst movie I have EVER watched!! The seemingly infinite gun issues aside it was still probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen! ugh.....

Also how whenever someone gets shot they go flying backward - a 230gr bullet packs enough force to penetrate skin and make a big hole and tear up vitals but will not make a 200 pound body "fly" anywhere but straight down when the computer upstairs is shut down or disconnnected. period!

numerous other things but those are the main ones!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links