Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by EW3 Yet after [movie people] grab the gun left by the bad guy or the one given to them by another good ...

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Yet after [movie people] grab the gun left by the bad guy or the one given to them by another good guy, they suddenly become firearms experts, with perfect stance, grip, and sighting!
    All the while, holding their infuriatingly weak-minded prejudices, in real life, about the nature of defensive weapons in the hands of upstanding people.

Such is Hollywood.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Always making the "cocking" sound before firing or confronting someone, only thing is there using a Glock
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    A couple of you have reminded me of more of mine.

In The Terminator, John and Sarah are driving and the Terminator is chasing them on a motorcycle and he's doing that "oh so cool" thing where he's one-handed pumping the 12-guage with that twisting motion. Never mind that he clearly bought a Franchi that can be loaded by pump action or semi-automatic.

Silencers. For those who don't know, silencers don't actually make a gun any less loud; they only disguise the sound. Real silencers make a very metallic-sounding "BBBRRRIIINNNNGGGG!!!" sound, not the "Psew!" Star Wars type of sound like in the media.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Me and the g/f saw Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween.. Mike Myers, gets shot 3 times in the back with a 4" .357 and still going.. Ends the movie with him getting shot in the face/head with same weapon... BUUUT theres a part 2.
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    Let's not forget the valuable lesson on how to "curve the bullet" in the movie "Wanted". Nothing like suspending the laws of physics for some entertainment value. Surprised that some kid hasn't tried that idiocy on a (soon to be corpse) buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    14 shot .44 magnum revolvers. Continuity person not doing their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Always racking one in when they pull a gun weather it's a pistol or shotgun. Just how many people carry without one in the pipe? Specially cops and robbers.
    All of those + cops who obviously don't know anything about guns (Finger on the trigger, pointed up in the air when there's a second floor, etc.) and action heroes quoting "facts" about the BG's gun that are BS to build dramatic tension
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I once saw Steve McGarret shoot a BG after having his face sprayed with gasoline. He was blurry eyed, a little woozy, he picked up his snub nose .38 and shot the bad guy dead who was escaping in a motor boat and was at least 200 yards away.

Shooting a BG who instantly falls after the shot and he is 100 yards away.

Arnold, in Kindergarten Cop, pulled a 1911 from an ankle holster.

Hostiles who can't shoot accurately, yet the GG always hit their target. One shot, one kill.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Another reason I'll never pay to see any movie with Stallone in it. I heard him once tell a TV reporter he'd like to confiscate all the guns in America. Just how many folks has he "killed" in his movies? WHOLE ARMIES!!
    We were discussing Stallone, and other Glock-owning celcbs, in a thread over on Glock Talk last year. He's the registered owner of a G21.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    The "cocking / safety snick" sound when someone pulls out a Glock.

LEOs racking a round into the shotgun and/or handgun just before going in after the bad guy - were they running around this whole time with an empty chamber??

Every time a weapon is presented in movies or on TV, it makes some kind of clicking, banging, or ratcheting sound...regardless of the type of weapon, or what they're doing with it. I hate that.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    LEOs racking a round into the shotgun ... just before going in after the bad guy - were they running around this whole time with an empty chamber??
    Generally longarms are carried Condition 3. I only ever put a round in the chamber on my UMP40 when I was in a situation where I would draw my handgun.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

SILENCERS on REVOLVERS......!!!
    Think about the logistics of a TRUE "silencer"....
    ...BUT....those little-bitty cans on the muzzle of a S&W Model 10....sure do LOOK "authentic"....!?! err..... don't they??!

Fingers in triggers, cup and saucer grips on handguns, low ready positions that are almost in a position to shoot their own toes off. The one that really annoys me is that nobody ever grabs a long gun. Even when they know they're going into a dangerous situation, work for an organization that has rifles, shotguns, and submachine guns available, and have plenty of time to get ready they still go in with just a pistol. For example, how many times have we seen Jack Bauer leading a raid and all the faceless CTU troopers have rifles but Jack is going through the door first with just his pistol?

I think so It IS very informative post for self defense.Of course the timeless classic of never emptying mags. I've seen shows before when they shot 10 to 15 rounds and had to grab a spare mag and it actually caught me by surprise it was so rare.
    Thanks for lot of information.

hmm where to begin.. they always have their finger on the trigger... recoil doesn't exist... infinite ammo.. guns that sound like nuclear explosions when fired, and huge gunfights without hearing protection, yet everyone can still hear after, and the sound of hammer being cocked when someone pulls out a glock always annoys me... I don't remember what I was watching but awhile back a guy had a coach gun and every time he waved it around there was a pumping sound and lets not forget the almighty firing an automatic wildy with your eyes closed and mouth clenched like a constipated gorilla.

Silencers for me. Centerfire rifles or pistols with little bitty 1" cans that sound like baby burps.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links