Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I always loved "The A Team." They would fire thousands of rounds per episode...and no one ever got hit! I pity da fool!...

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

I always loved "The A Team." They would fire thousands of rounds per episode...and no one ever got hit!

I pity da fool!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    The best version of that I've seen is this show called Flash Forward. The FBI guys have a forward cant holster at the 2 o'clock position. And they all carry double mag holders 11:30.

Hilarious! You know those FBI guys are always trying to show off their mag holders

And take a look at "boy agent" on the right. Hmmm, unless he is CPA or a masters in computer engineering, it's hard to see how he made agent at 19 - especially as they like to see three to five years in local law enforcement.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    And take a look at "boy agent" on the right. Hmmm, unless he is CPA or a masters in computer engineering, it's hard to see how he made agent at 19 - especially as they like to see three to five years in local law enforcement.
    If you watch the show, he looks more like 26-30 than 19. It's Harold from Harold and Kumar.

Besides the bad holster positioning, I think the show is pretty cool. It's a new idea.
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." — Benjamin Franklin

Movies do it, the media does it, and many shooters do it.

Calling a MAGAZINE a CLIP. They are 2 different things, as the photos show
    Attached Images

Here is one I cant stand, it is not gun related , but I hate it when a vehicle squeals the tires on a DIRT road!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    A couple of you have reminded me of more of mine.

In The Terminator, John and Sarah are driving and the Terminator is chasing them on a motorcycle and he's doing that "oh so cool" thing where he's one-handed pumping the 12-guage with that twisting motion. Never mind that he clearly bought a Franchi that can be loaded by pump action or semi-automatic.

Silencers. For those who don't know, silencers don't actually make a gun any less loud; they only disguise the sound. Real silencers make a very metallic-sounding "BBBRRRIIINNNNGGGG!!!" sound, not the "Psew!" Star Wars type of sound like in the media.
    Really? Do you actually own and use one regularly? Mine makes no such metalling "BBBRRRIIINNNNGGGG!!!" sound. It's quite the "Psew!" sound. In fact...I'd venture to say that with subsonic rounds it's quieter than a bb gun. I have fired from my grandparents back porch less then 10 feet from an open window and NO ONE sitting inside in recliners right next to the window heard it.
    Even with regular supersonic rounds it's quite muffled as well and about the only sound you hear is the supersonic crack of the round breaking the sound barrier.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I always like good looking babes carrying some big gun on their hip. It looks so out of place. Angelina Jolie as Laura Croft with those big guns strapped to her legs. They look so heavy that they wobble back and forth while she walks/runs.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmbrcstm2 View Post
    In the Sopranos sometimes you'll see someone shooting a 1911 with the hammer down and not only will the slide not rack back but the hammer won't be cocked after the shot...

I've never heard of a double action automatic de-cocking 1911, have you?
    Sure I have! I saw it on The Sopranos!!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    I find it annoying to have anti gun actors that have no trouble playing a character that uses a gun. If they are so anti gun maybe they should not act in action movies where guns are used.
    Touché!!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Remember "Cannon" fat WilliamConrad chasing a BG huffing and puffing, finally stops,draws,shoots,hits his target uphill,150 yards,running with a snubbie!the whole time wheezing like a Coastie on a forced march.
    Ahhh, the always accurate snubbie. Ever watch the old movies/tv where they take down a nest of BG's with a snubbie and no reloads. Wow!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    When the BG with a gun is knocked out or stunned and the person being attacked just turns and runs without grabbing the gun...
    Stupid!
    Oh, you are so on the money, John. I'm yelling at my wife, "What's that crazy so and so thinking!!?" Along with that is that the BG just murdered a half dozen friends and family (they were on the Altell plan) and the hero/heroine does grab the gun but runs. Far be it from them to put two rounds in the heart and one in the head!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Crossdraw crossdraw crossdraw.

Not many people do it in real life, but almost everyone in the movies does it. And with big ole' revolvers no less.

Actually, I prefer crossdraw but finally gave it up when 1. barrel stuck in my groin when sitting and 2. No range (rightfully so) allows crossdraw training that I have been involved with.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Another one that bugs me are the people in movies who are just regular, everyday people who look like they've never touched a gun in their life.

Yet after they grab the gun left by the bad guy or the one given to them by another good guy, they suddenly become firearms experts, with perfect stance, grip, and sighting!
    And along with that: "Independence Day". After working six years with Navy student pilots and seeing what they went through for TWO YEARS to get qualified in a jet or helicopter, we have crop dusters or Cessna pilots who jump in F15's and blow Martians out of the sky. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gumaro View Post
    How about when in a gunfight the the pistol is locked in the open position then in the next frame they are firing again without reloading.
    Well, as long as I'm stealing this thread (did anyone notice I'm on break) another favorite along this line: In the old movie "The Final Countdown", I had some Navy jocks burst out laughing (They affectionately called it, "The Final Letdown") when a bunch of F14's took off from the carrier "sans ordinance" but, moments later, fighting the Zero's, they mysteriously have bombs under their wings.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech87 View Post
    Me and the g/f saw Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween.. Mike Myers, gets shot 3 times in the back with a 4" .357 and still going.. Ends the movie with him getting shot in the face/head with same weapon... BUUUT theres a part 2.
    Hey! It could happen!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Links