Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves
This also applies, of course, to TV shows. Post the clueless things you see that either bug you or make you laugh.
1. Cocking the hammer on a 1911, aka Condition 2 carry. Then when the threat is over, the good guy does a one-handed thumb decock of the hammer. Dangerous.
2. When the 6' 5", 300-pound BG is shot by a 9mm or .38 Special, he goes flying 15 feet back to hit the wall while 20 gallons of blood splatter all over the place.
3. Someone has been carrying a handgun throughout the film, then when you finally see the muzzle end, it can't possibly be bigger than a .22.
4. Extreme, unrealistic accuracy. For example, when Mel Gibson shoots the smiley face on the target in Lethal Weapon.
5. Zero recoil/muzzle flip. That same gun that splattered the BG in Example #2 above has absolutely no recoil when fired. It fires and remains perfectly static, even in the hands of a 5' 3", 110-pound woman.
So let's hear what grinds your gears!