Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This also applies, of course, to TV shows. Post the clueless things you see that either bug you or make you laugh. I'll commence: 1. ...

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Gun-Related Movie Pet Peeves

This also applies, of course, to TV shows. Post the clueless things you see that either bug you or make you laugh.

I'll commence:

1. Cocking the hammer on a 1911, aka Condition 2 carry. Then when the threat is over, the good guy does a one-handed thumb decock of the hammer. Dangerous.

2. When the 6' 5", 300-pound BG is shot by a 9mm or .38 Special, he goes flying 15 feet back to hit the wall while 20 gallons of blood splatter all over the place.

3. Someone has been carrying a handgun throughout the film, then when you finally see the muzzle end, it can't possibly be bigger than a .22.

4. Extreme, unrealistic accuracy. For example, when Mel Gibson shoots the smiley face on the target in Lethal Weapon.

5. Zero recoil/muzzle flip. That same gun that splattered the BG in Example #2 above has absolutely no recoil when fired. It fires and remains perfectly static, even in the hands of a 5' 3", 110-pound woman.

So let's hear what grinds your gears!

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    14 shot .44 magnum revolvers. Continuity person not doing their job.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

the semi-auto bolt-action in anaconda

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    1. Cocking the hammer on a 1911, aka Condition 2 carry. Then when the threat is over, the good guy does a one-handed thumb decock of the hammer. Dangerous.
    Whats the big deal? I do this all the time.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    4. Extreme, unrealistic accuracy. For example, when Mel Gibson shoots the smiley face on the target in Lethal Weapon.
    And you cant do this? I've done it many times ... I move the target to within 5 feet.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Always racking one in when they pull a gun weather it's a pistol or shotgun. Just how many people carry without one in the pipe? Specially cops and robbers. And as someone said, the old 50 shot six shooter always gets me going.

And how about the way Spencer Reed carries his weapon on Criminal Minds? The FBI would not let him carry his weapon where it could be easily taken like that. Love the show but that drives me nuts....

You would need a handgun with a 18'' barrel to make some of the shots they pull off by the way.

Boy I guess I really don't feel like watching TV tonight...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

One I always found funny was Rambo hip shooting an M60. Maybe that is why he was hollering when he did it, I bet it about broke his arm.

Another one is hip shooting a BG in the head, check Navy SEALS and Charlie Sheen "No one talks about Mom"
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    ....And how about the way Spencer Reed carries his weapon on Criminal Minds? The FBI would not let him carry his weapon where it could be easily taken like that. Love the show but that drives me nuts....
    Boy I guess I really don't feel like watching TV tonight...
    How about every TV Fed who has a forward cant holster carried at their appendix!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

It never fails:

Jack Bauer has his finger on the trigger every time the gun is out, even if he's not pointing it at a bad guy.

In Pulp Fiction, the dude pops out of the bathroom and rapidly fires a "hand cannon" at John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson.

He wasn't accurate at all, which is strange because there was absolutely no recoil.
    Springfield XD45 4" 13+1

Cool

Ummmm...........the fact that in a BG shootout in close-quarters or better yet point blank....everybody can still hear?
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    How about every TV Fed who has a forward cant holster carried at their appendix!
    The best version of that I've seen is this show called Flash Forward. The FBI guys have a forward cant holster at the 2 o'clock position. And they all carry double mag holders 11:30.

Hilarious! You know those FBI guys are always trying to show off their mag holders

Springfield XD45 4" 13+1

Let's not forget the valuable lesson on how to "curve the bullet" in the movie "Wanted". Nothing like suspending the laws of physics for some entertainment value. Surprised that some kid hasn't tried that idiocy on a (soon to be corpse) buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    Let's not forget the valuable lesson on how to "curve the bullet" in the movie "Wanted". Nothing like suspending the laws of physics for some entertainment value. Surprised that some kid hasn't tried that idiocy on a (soon to be corpse) buddy.
    They tried it on Mythbusters scared the crap out of me just knew someone was gonna die.

Every time Wyatt Earp/Costner hit some cowboy over the head.Thats got to bend the frame,or at the very least dislodge the cylinder.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

EW3
    It really annoys me to hear the sound of a hammer being loudly cocked even when the gun is just drawn...then it's usually a Glock.

In Torchwood, I LOL'd one night after the main character, Jack Harkness fired his Webley revolver, yet you heard the sound of brass hitting the ground! I gotta get me one of them auto-ejecting Webleys!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Links