Hiding Your Firearms or Other Weapons

This is a discussion on Hiding Your Firearms or Other Weapons within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just ran across something and thought I should share it with all of you. Check out this bed with a hiding spot for shotguns. ...

Thread: Hiding Your Firearms or Other Weapons

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

I just ran across something and thought I should share it with all of you. Check out this bed with a hiding spot for shotguns. Hide Your Guns | LumberJocks.com :: woodworking community
    I know most folks here are not real open about how they hide their weapons. But it would be nice to hear or see some other ideas.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Interesting concept. Way too far out of reach for me if I was sleeping in the bed though. I have lots of ideas. Problem is....I can't take pictures of my ideas.

I generally keep my guns in one of these, unless actively using them at the time.

Gun Safes, Fort Knox: Americas Best Made Gun Safes, Hand Gun, Fireproof, Home and Vault Doors

The shotgun goes under the bed at night when I go to bed. In the morning, or what passes for morning for me, it goes back in the safe. The other guns that are out for home defense duty also go back into the safe when I'm not home.

Biker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I generally keep my guns in one of these, unless actively using them at the time.

Gun Safes, Fort Knox: Americas Best Made Gun Safes, Hand Gun, Fireproof, Home and Vault Doors

The shotgun goes under the bed at night when I go to bed. In the morning, or what passes for morning for me, it goes back in the safe. The other guns that are out for home defense duty also go back into the safe when I'm not home.

Biker
    +1. My safe is on my side of the bed about a foot or so past the foot of the bed, against the wall. Shottie is behind full length curtains at headboard. The curtains have an opening between the sections, right at the edge of the headboard. No fumbling to get to the 870.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post

Biker
    Fort Knox...this is an impressive safe...

I have two Brownings, but guns needed at home are always out and ready...locked away only if we leave.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I have a drawer under our bed as well. It's not as deep as the drawer in your link but long and wide enough to lay 6 long guns flat. The bedspread covers the entire drawer access and would be difficult for an intruder to find unless he flipped the bed over and trashed the room. I dont keep anything loaded in the drawer, it's for storage only.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I take it you have never been burglarized. Anybody in your house illegally looking for things to steal will trash the room, flip over beds and rifle through any drawer or cabinent. Get a safe and lag bolt it to a concrete floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    I have a drawer under our bed as well. It's not as deep as the drawer in your link but long and wide enough to lay 6 long guns flat. The bedspread covers the entire drawer access and would be difficult for an intruder to find unless he flipped the bed over and trashed the room. I dont keep anything loaded in the drawer, it's for storage only.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I take it you have never been burglarized. Anybody in your house illegally looking for things to steal will trash the room, flip over beds and rifle through any drawer or cabinent. Get a safe and lag bolt it to a concrete floor.
    This. My next door neighbor's place was burglarized. They kicked the door in. Her apartment looked like a tornado hit it. Everything that could possibly hide something was destroyed. Her Ikea bed was broken apart and the mattress, slashed open, was all the way on the other side of the room. They smashed all of her ceramic figurines, too.
    Last edited by nasal; October 20th, 2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Grammar

Sponsored Links