WW2 Buffs...

This is a discussion on WW2 Buffs... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I need your help. I like to collect old military WW2 rifles. I'm pretty set on the U.S., Britain, The USSR and Germany... but I ...

Thread: WW2 Buffs...

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Question WW2 Buffs...

I need your help.

I like to collect old military WW2 rifles. I'm pretty set on the U.S., Britain, The USSR and Germany... but I know nothing about Japanese firepower in WW2. Does anyone happen know anything about what rifles and hand guns they used? Mainly what the common foot solider used? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Senior Moderator
    Once upon a time(about 20 years ago) I had a pristine battlefield pickup 7.7 Jap Arisaka(99). It had the aircraft sights, a intact Mum and even the bi pod. I bought it for 25 bucks. I sold it to a friend a year later for 40.00 and thought I did good.

A couple of years ago that gun sold for 750.00 to a collector of Milsurp rifles.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Wow... nice websites. I did a Google search and none of those came up. Good info none the less.

Senior Moderator
    There are seveal websites devoted to the collection of Milsurps. You might want to check them out too. Lots of good info for people that collect them.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Once upon a time(about 20 years ago) I had a pristine battlefield pickup 7.7 Jap Arisaka(99). It had the aircraft sights, a intact Mum and even the bi pod. I bought it for 25 bucks. I sold it to a friend a year later for 40.00 and thought I did good.

A couple of years ago that gun sold for 750.00 to a collector of Milsurp rifles.

Ouch!

My Grandfather brought a german officers sword home from WW2. It was very fancy with all sorts of engraving and inlays. At about age 11 I broke it. I snuck it out of the house and was trying to chop down a tree with it. I have no idea how much it would be worth now but man was I stupid! I burried that sword in the woods and only about 8 years ago did I tell my dad what I did.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    No Japanese guns, but he does have manuals
    Military Collectibles and Antiques from IMA

If I recall their bolt action rifle was quite good, but getting dated by the end of WWII. Their pistols were more or less Junk, they had a LMG similar to the Bren and I can't recall what they used for a SMG.

MY friend was held captive by them in Manila, rescued by US soldiers, to this day he can't stay in the room with someone Japanese, although he does not put any blame on the current generation.

Links