Glock 21 - Page 2

Glock 21

This is a discussion on Glock 21 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 82 in Georgia and 82 in Waco, Tx are a little different. Its already 99 hear. I visited my brother outside of Atlanta in the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 21

82 in Georgia and 82 in Waco, Tx are a little different. Its already 99 hear. I visited my brother outside of Atlanta in the middle of summer and it was so much more comfortable that I didn't want to come home.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    But I don't think that you have to deal with the humidity like we do. I've been out west a few times during the summer months and it is more of a dry heat. The humidity here makes it feel 5-10 degrees warmer than it really is. When you came it must have been a fluke "cool" front. Come on over and spend June, July and August and part of September here and tell me what you think.

Maybe it is personal preference but when I was in Vegas it was 107 and it didn't feel any worse than 95 degrees in Georgia.

This will be my first summer packing the G21 so I may change my mind come the "Dawg Days of Summer."
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I tried a 27 and liked it but..........
    The little gun bucked to much for me.
    Traded it for a 23- and like a switch went off,perfection.

I like my 21, not bad shooting it. Grip is just a bit large, but not bad.
    Imo most don't carry the 21 due to the size of the pistol vs. the size of the person.
    I'm about medium frame/size( 5'9" 165lbs.), haven't carried it concealed. But I don't think I'd have much trouble.

dressed in khaki shorts with an oversize Hawaiin shirt

Bet that was a sight to see

Seriously(spelling) though, I've heard a lot of people say they like the Hawaiin shirts for cover garment.
    USMC '86-'92
    NRA Life, VFW Life
    Hell Yeah, I'm American !

Quote Originally Posted by paknheat
    I carry a Glock-29 and even among the supposed knowledgeble types ,they usually don't know what it is. The usual responce is"Glock29......Don't believe i heard of that one, what's it chambered for?"
    I am going to check one of those out tomorrow at my shop, if they have one that is.

Quote Originally Posted by glkdawg.45
    I like my 21, not bad shooting it. Grip is just a bit large, but not bad.
    Imo most don't carry the 21 due to the size of the pistol vs. the size of the person.
    I'm about medium frame/size( 5'9" 165lbs.), haven't carried it concealed. But I don't think I'd have much trouble.

dressed in khaki shorts with an oversize Hawaiin shirt

Bet that was a sight to see

Seriously(spelling) though, I've heard a lot of people say they like the Hawaiin shirts for cover garment.
    Whoa there "Skinny Minny"! It was a sight to see! I'm a big guy (6',250) so the shirt could double as a curtain for the local Holiday Inn!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Great sense of humor Doc. You ever go to any of the GSSF matches ?
    USMC '86-'92
    NRA Life, VFW Life
    Hell Yeah, I'm American !

No I have not. My job, my wife and my son take up most of my free time. I do make it to the range as much as I can and I would like to take some defensive shooting classes.

Grip is too big for most peoples that why they go for the G26/27/19 ect...

frankmako

Quote Originally Posted by glkdawg.45
    Seriously though, I've heard a lot of people say they like the Hawaiin shirts for cover garment.

Guilty!

Smile

I been thinking about buying a Glock 21 this weekend
    "You have enemies ? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use" Galileo Galilei

Hey Doc, where in Atl are you? I shoot at Bullseye in Lawrenceville and AM thinking about getting into some ISPC classes myself. G20x2, G29 plus a few

I am toying with the idea of selling my snubbie (with accessories) and getting a G21. I was going for G20, but I have a 10mm with higher capacity already. KKM makes a barrel to shoot 10mm out of a G21 (lonewolfdist.com has the barrels, $165). I am getting a G21 so I can get a .45 suppressor for it when me and the wife move back to WI next year.

I am also going to get a 6" slide and get a 6" 45-10mm KKM barrel and make a longslide 10mm. The G21 and G20 lower are the same. Only the internal slide stuff is different. One can get the 6" slide, and get a 6" KKM 45 barrel and 6" KKM 45-10mm barrel and swap them out on their G20or21 lower and have a G21 longslide or a G20 longslide. Wooohoooo!!!
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I had a G21 since 1993 and it was a fantastic gun. Shot it well enough in the Glock challenge in 2005 to win a G34. The only reason I traded it for a Springfield XD tactical .45ACP was because it was a first Gen Glock and did not have drop free mags. It was also the only handgun I ever pulled on anybody, on a dark night on the southbound lane of IH-37 just outside of Corpus Christi, TX back in 1999. Texas DPS and Sheriff's deputies caught the BG's and I got to shoot the IPSC match I was headed to the next morning. During the time I owned it, the G21 was a flawless weapon, and one of these days I will buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako
    Grip is too big for most peoples that why they go for the G26/27/19 ect...

frankmako
    That's me. I wear size small gloves, it's not even very easy for me to hold an N-frame S&W and shoot it one-handed. I really like Glocks but the G21 is just not comfortable. Sure wish it was. A G19 is just right for my little hands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links