Glock 21

This is a discussion on Glock 21 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is it just me or is the Glock 21 one of the most overlooked guns around? I love my battle tupperware and I do carry ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 21

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Glock 21

Is it just me or is the Glock 21 one of the most overlooked guns around? I love my battle tupperware and I do carry it. It just seems that the 17,19,23, and others seem to get all of the attention. I'm interested in getting your opinions on this.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Yeah, I know what you mean, it seems like the 19 and 26 get all of the glory, and none of the other glocks get any attention. I personally carry a Glock 22 and love it. Its weird that more people dont carry full sized glocks. I think I have read that BUD carrys a Glock 20, not sure though.
    Curry

You don't read much about them. I love my G21, and got the G30 a few months back. They are just nice guns all the way around.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

I hear ya. I carry a Glock-29 and even among the supposed knowledgeble types ,they usually don't know what it is. The usual responce is"Glock29......Don't believe i heard of that one, what's it chambered for?"
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

I guess my wife and I are just mundane - I carry a 17, she carries a 26. I guess that gives me an excuse to "fill in the gap" with a 19, huh?

Part of the reason we went with 9mm was ammo cost - we could buy Blazer 115gr. FMJ's for $3.86 per 50 before the recent price hikes. We also wanted to feed the same ammo to "simplify" our lives and ammo inventory.

Other than those two reasons - there really wasn't a good reason, other than the most important - they felt "right" to each of us when we were renting guns and trying out different ones prior to purchase. We just shot them well, and they "felt right".

Senior Moderator
    Ive got a Glock 21 Gen 3 but I hardly ever shoot it. I can shoot it well but I just cant get used to that trigger.

Its duty issue at the Sheriff Dept. that I work at, but I choose to carry the Sig P220.

VIP Member
    I think the 10mm Glocks are the most overlooked guns in the product line.....I believe some LE agencies (FL's Pinellas and Orange County SO's???) issue the G21.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    I agree it's overlooked. I would think it's because of a mix of two issues. Most newer people are going for the hi-cap 9's or the newer 40's. Most of the hardcore 45'ers are doing 1911's and not the imports. I personally like it and plan on buying one soon. I've almost got enough saved up for it.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

It's because the glock 21 is smaller and most people have big hands, thats my opinion anyway, my reason for not giving it to much attention, the Glock 19 I LOVE though!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitznig
    It's because the glock 21 is smaller and most people have big hands, thats my opinion anyway, my reason for not giving it to much attention, the Glock 19 I LOVE though!
    ....Fitznig....I think you got your Glocks confused; the G21 is really big (at least I think so)....bigger than the G19.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I think it may have something to do with that bricklike grip. It's a fine functioning weapon, but I can't hold it comfortably and I have pretty large hands. The G17/22's and their little brothers are closer to usable dimensions for most people.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I find the 21 to be very comfortable in my hand. I would say my hands are of average size. Not much difference in the 45/10mm and the smaller frame GLOCKs. But I have enough trouble concealing my GLOCK 26. Central Texas is a little warm and humid during the 8 month long summers. Although if I were in the military or an LEO the 21 would be one of my top choices, especially the military where the use of jhp's is not allowed. I love the 45acp round but finding a gun that I can easily/comfortable carry concealed in that caliber is a slight problem for me. Thats why I'm leaning towards the Kahr P45.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    ....Fitznig....I think you got your Glocks confused; the G21 is really big (at least I think so)....bigger than the G19.
    I think he was kidding, you know being funny.
    Curry

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I concealed my G21 fine yesterday in 82 degree weather in GA yesterday. IWB dressed in khaki shorts with an oversize Hawaiin shirt.

Like a wise man told me on here one time, dress around the gun. My hands are average size, but I have no problem gripping it and shooting it.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I carry a Glock 29 in a CTAC during the hot summer months when I'm in shorts and a t-shirt 90% of the time.

I have used my 21 as a CCW on occasion and I'm planning to shoot an IDPA match (CDP class) with the 21 this week just for fun. It's a great shooter and 100% reliable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links