SIG P226 or P226 Blackwater???

This is a discussion on SIG P226 or P226 Blackwater??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; K here's what it comes down to & and it's probably a " NO-BRAINER".... I also posted this on SIGFORUM. But hey.....I'm a newb to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG P226 or P226 Blackwater???

Question SIG P226 or P226 Blackwater???

K here's what it comes down to & and it's probably a "NO-BRAINER".... I also posted this on SIGFORUM.

But hey.....I'm a newb to SIGS..............

I came across an older used P226 Blkwtr (no upper slide stamp) w/4 15rnd mags & "combat" sites in 9mm - out the door at my local FFL for $875.
    They claim it has a low round count, and by how nice of shape it's in I'm inclined to believe them after admiring it thismorning.

hmmmm.

OR....a firearms instructor/friend that I shoot w/frequently offered up HIS P226 Black Stainless Police Edt. (SRT?) w/frnt rail 9mm w/spring kit installed - TRUGLOW Tritium fiber optic front sight - hogue rubber finger grooved grips - 4 18rnd mags w/2+ round extention baseplates for $550....oh and Blackhawk holster.

So my question is: IS the "Blackwater" ver. all that & a box of chicklets? and worthy of the $325 dollar difference?
    As for the "Blackwater" logo, I'm all for the "coolness" factor....but if there's no real difference in the gun itself from other SIG's, the $$$ difference has got me leaning heavily towards my buddies P226.

What's everybody's thoughts?

FYI : I borrowed/shot my friend's 226 at lunch and....WOW me likes. For the 1st time ever shooting a SIG..I like the feel and the surprising "stout" recoil w/o the expected mussle flip. It shot straight back and I was able to "get back on target" quickly.
    I only had time to put 50rnds on paper at 10-12 yrds and found that it shot low-left?? w/a 6°Clock hold... but in a NICE 1-2" grouping!

Bottom line - I like the 226. I want a 226. DO I need a 226?........... I thinks I'm gonna get me a 226.

I'm just pondering the difference in $$$.

thanks all.
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

2. Remove Ads

Get the one from your friend for the cheaper price and don't look back!

Plus, you'll have a nice pistol without the federal paperwork if you make it a sale between individuals!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

+1 on getting the one your buddy has. All of that "Blackwater" stuff is just marketing tactics anyway. All of those guys down there in Moyock are Glock fans anyway.

Everyone needs at least one Sig but be careful, you could get the "Signess". Signess is like potato chips, you can't have only one.

Mine all started innocently enough with a P220R and then I found a P232 and then a Mosquito for my son (don't consider it a Sig), then a P229 and lastly a P6. I fondled a P239 today but talked myself out of it since I am contemplating defection to the dark side.

You won't go wrong with a Sig in my opinion.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

I like the "Blackwater edition". It came with 5 magazines. I almost bought one, except it felt too big in my hand. I got an
    H&K P-30 instead.
    I thought they all had the slide stamp. Otherwise you are buying a 226 with Blackwater grips.

But for $325 extra? No.
    Last edited by Guns and more; October 22nd, 2009 at 11:02 PM.

I'm no expert on Sigs, but I'd go with the one your friend has for sale. I don't think the Blackwater stuff is worth all the extra cash.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Buy your friends 226.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Yeah, your friends is a better deal unless you really want the Blackwater!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Get your friend's P226, it is a better deal all the way around.

Near as I can tell, the Blackwater version is just marketing.

No Brainer for sure...................................Your buddy's gun hands down!!!!!!!!!!

EAJ
    I'm pleased with my SIG P226 Elite Stainless, but would also like a Blackwater Tactical. They're pretty popular right now. :)

+1 on the buddy's SIG...your paying for smoke and mirrors on the Gun store version. Its all just for looks. Use the extra $$$$ for ammo or a nice carry holster.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks for your input all!!

YEP.....it was a"NO-BRAINER"

While I REALLY like the looks of the BLACKWATER, I've found that it's really got nothing more to offer over the 226SCT (is what it is) - so I'm buying my buddies for $550. I field stripped it down last night and it shows very little wear if any on anything!
    It's too good a deal to pass up and I just love the feel of this gun. And hey......NOW I have a SIG P238 for the wifey comming soon!

We're off to the indoor range tonight for our "Friday Nite Date Night" and she wants to try it.
    She got her hands on it last light when I was inspecting it and said "Hey...I LIKE this one!" - she's got good taste.

I'll keep ya all in the loop as to how my newest addition performs.

THANKS AGAIN!
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

VIP Member
    I can't believe it, 10 replies to the OP and no one said to buy a Glock!!

Seriously though, I'd go with the friends 226. The "Blackwater" is hype gimmick to charge more.

Well I work for BW in Iraq now. I am in Iraq right now! We have Glocks issued to us and I hate them with all my black heart. I would rather have the Sig anyday, but it is not issued to us. I have broken three Glocks since I have been here in a year and a half. I think I will start carrying a brick in my holster. It will be of more use than the Glock. The army never has this many troubles out of their Sigs.
    You want something that everyone will always eye ball and give you the "ooooowww's and aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh's " on? Go with the BW. Or do you want something that looks like it cost less then a soda can, then buy a "plain jane?" The people will just say, "yah, I see it, what else you got to show me?"
    Just so you know BW is no more ...."so they say". It is; but it aint, if you know what I mean. You don't get the BW gun, in two years you will be kicking yourself in the butt for not getting it for the rest of your life. It will be pipe dream if you ever wanted another BW. How hard would be to get a regular sig in two years...pretty easy.....?
    That's my best input, pal. Good luck
    I have a BW kimber 1911. It was the same price as the kimber 1911 next to it with no markings. So I bought the 1911 from BW because I got a dicount from being an employee. The gun has gone up in value 200 bucks in 4 months, they are a limited addition and only a certain amount are sold. I also got the AR-15 BW...nice
    Up to you pal...take what you want.

Senior Moderator
    I can't believe it, 10 replies to the OP and no one said to buy a Glock
    Thats because it would be impolite and disrespectful to suggest a Glock to someone with the sense to buy a Sig.

Sort of like suggesting to someone to buy a Volkswagen when they are in the car lot looking at a Mercedes. They do the same thing right?

Ya just dont do it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links