A few range reports to share!

This is a discussion on A few range reports to share! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had the chance to take a few guns I had yet to shoot and also had some fun doing rifle/sidearm transition drills. A friend ...

Thread: A few range reports to share!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I had the chance to take a few guns I had yet to shoot and also had some fun doing rifle/sidearm transition drills. A friend and I decided we would randomly load each others magazines to force reloads and transition to sidearm. I surprised my buddy by giving him six rifle rounds in his mag and one handgun round (Colt 6920 and G22) I made him shoot two different targets two times each with the rifle and transition to the handgun when the rifle was empty. On the third drill he emptied the rifle and transitioned to his G22 and was stunned I only gave him one round and he was supposed to shoot the 2nd target again.

He got me too by leaving the chambers empty on both rifle and handgun, and we were imagining being shot at by these two targets down range LOL!

Anyway I took my M&P15 carbine, Springfield 1911, Glock 17, and Benelli Super Nova 12 gauge. The M&P15 I shot before but this trip was more interesting because of the drills we tried. My 1911 I was shooting 1/2" groups at 15 yards with one failure to return to battery all the way. My brand new G17 ran flawlessly and I had no problems drilling out the center at 15 yards. My Super Nova left me with a sore shoulder so will probably be looking at some lower recoil loads for it. I did manage to shoot 5 slugs into the center though.

Overall it was a great Friday afternoon at the range.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

My Super Nova left me with a sore shoulder so will probably be looking at some lower recoil loads for it.
    Best thing you can do for the shotgun sore shoulder thing is to go back and shoot it again tomorrow. No pain...no gain. It's all downhill from there. Glad your Glock ran flawlessly (they're supposed to do that anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Best thing you can do for the shotgun sore shoulder thing is to go back and shoot it again tomorrow. No pain...no gain. It's all downhill from there. Glad your Glock ran flawlessly (they're supposed to do that anyway).
    Yep! Pain is just 'weakness' leaving the body!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The Winchester low recoil #8 rounds are great for old guys and sore shoulders. Fun to fire and only recoil a bit more than a .22! Close to 60 now and I'm not too proud to admit that firing 12 gauge 00 buckshot SMARTS!!

Links