.44 mag carbine and sig p238

This is a discussion on .44 mag carbine and sig p238 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been lazy but the last gun show in Orlando dad and I bought a Ruger .44 carbine. We'd been looking half seriously for a ...

I've been lazy but the last gun show in Orlando dad and I bought a Ruger .44 carbine. We'd been looking half seriously for a .44 carbine to go along with our Ruger single action .44 mag. Initially we were looking for a lever action but found the Ruger and a marlin lever action .44 at the same booth...took us about 20 minutes to figure out that we wanted the ruger over the marlin and then scrape up the cash for it. Took it to the range a couple times already. It groups nicely out to 100 yards for me even with iron sights, all I have to do is adjust them so they are on target.

Ruger .44 carbine

Gun shop here was having its annual sale this weekend. Went there this morning with the intention of getting a LCR but while walking around found a Sig P238 which fit a lot better in my pocket than the LCR. The LCR was $450 and the sig was $489 so not too much difference in price. Wasn't too keen on the .380 but again the sig fit better and I've been wondering what it would be like to move up in the world and join the sig family. gun, pocket holster, 100 rnds .380 and tax came out to $605. I just have to remember to call tomorrow and see if I was supposed to get 2 mags or just one with it. Range report tomorrow I hope.

p238

p238 in my hand

VIP Member
    Congrats... Sounds like you had a great weekend...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Great purchases, I am envious the Sigs go for $600 or more around here if you can even find one.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Great purchases, I am envious the Sigs go for $600 or more around here if you can even find one.
    Orignal price according the the receipt is $586. Discount was $97...good enough for me. covered the 100 rnds of ammo and the pocket holster..need to get a better one eventually but it will be a while before i carry this. i have to get used to using a safety on a gun...grr

You'll enjoy the Ruger. Great carbines. Bet you will enjoy the SIG too.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I know someone who had a great weekend!
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    You'll enjoy the Ruger. Great carbines. Bet you will enjoy the SIG too.
    The Ruger is great. Recoil was a lot more than I expected and I questioned my sanity shooting that round out of my 7" super blackhawk. Still fun to shoot though

The SIG turned out to be a lot better than I expected. It was fun and recoil was pretty non existant, either because in handguns recoild doesn't really effect me or I was also shooting my security six .357 mag take your pick. Took it out this morningI'll do a range report of it later when i'm not lazy. Ammo is what I'm dreading. I need to find enough factory rounds in order to have enough brass to start reloading

Links