Three dead and shooter kills himself today!

This is a discussion on Three dead and shooter kills himself today! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This one hit home today as two of the three people dead were my girlfriends 3 nephews and 1 nieces grandmother (Cleo Finninger) and step ...

Thread: Three dead and shooter kills himself today!

Three dead and shooter kills himself today!

This one hit home today as two of the three people dead were my girlfriends 3 nephews and 1 nieces grandmother (Cleo Finninger) and step mother (Christine Finninger) how strange that this happened, what a waste.

My GF knew Christine well and would pick the kids up from the house all the time, she is a bit shaken up about it.

Here is the story!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...8?OpenDocument

Shooting spree leaves four dead
    POST-DISPATCH
    04/18/2006

A disgruntled employee of a catering company went on a shooting spree today, first killing his girlfriend and then fatally shooting two co-workers before killing himself, St. Louis police said.

Cleo Finninger, one of the ownerís of the Finningerís Catering Service, was one of the victims. No other names were immediately available.

The first shooting happened about 10:15 a.m. in the 1900 block of OíFallon Street where a woman in her 50s was shot several times and killed in her apartment.

As the police were looking for her boyfriend, he apparently went to a Wal-mart store on St. Charles Rock Road in Bridgeton, where he purchased ammunition and remarked that he was going to kill his boss and himself, police said.
    Advertisement

The man then went to Finningerís at 6128 Bartmer Ave. at Skinker Boulevard where he worked. About 2 p.m., he shot and killed two women, wounded a man and then went into the parking lot and killed himself, police said.

Police Chief Joe Mokwa said he did not immediately know why the employee was upset.

"I think he just walked into the business and started shooting people," Mokwa said.

Mokwa added that the shooter, who worked at Finningerís for about five years, did not show up for work on Monday and was sent home on Tuesday.

St. Louis city police were still trying to sort out the details at Finnigerísthis afternoon. Meanwhile, about 40 employees gathered outside the business, some crying and some praying for the victims.

Finningerís, owned by Charlie and Cleo Finninger of Spanish Lake, has operated in St. Louis for about three decades.

The company provides more than 10,000 meals a day to centers for the elderly in the Meals on Wheels program in St. Louis and St. Louis County, including meals to Head Start programs.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

Very sad and very tragic. My thoughts are with the families of all. Please relay sympathies to your GF and her family.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

VIP Member
    Tragic. I'm sorry for your loss. We all ask "why" afterwords but no one ever has a good answer. Spend some time with your GF and give her what comfort you can.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I heard it on the news as it happend, my prayers are with them.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    It makes you wonder how a guy can be so deceived and desperate that he thinks killing others before he kills himself is the best thing to do.

Ti Carry,
    This has gotta be a difficult time for your GF. She'll need you and I know you'll be there for her.

Lead Moderator
    That is so sad, condolences to the Family.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Always hate to hear news like that. Our thoughts and prayers are with at this time of tradgety. Its getting closer to home evry day. Just a couple weeks ago there was a shooting at a local park here in town dont know all the details but it was just to close to home. Take care and be safe.

Sixgun

Assistant Administrator
    Grant - extrememly tragic and made worse by your own partial association. Shocking in the extreme.

What makes someone so full of hate or vengeance that this has to be their planned scheme - hard to fully comprehend.

Sympathies to all in and around this mess.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links