Cimarron Plinkerton?

This is a discussion on Cimarron Plinkerton? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone have any experience with one of these pistols? The gunstore I usually use has them in their monthly flier for about 140. But I ...

Thread: Cimarron Plinkerton?

Cimarron Plinkerton?

Anyone have any experience with one of these pistols? The gunstore I usually use has them in their monthly flier for about 140. But I haven't really heard anything about Cimarron firearms, so I don't know if it is a decent deal, or if its a junk gun. So, if anyone has any insight, I would appreciate hearing it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Is that the one that has the manual hammer block that you have to flip to open the load gate?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I've never even handled one of these stevew, but looking through the online manual, it doesn't look like it. It looks like its standard 1873 manual of operations. I've been wanting a SA .22 revolver, but the Ruger is pricey enough that I never have the funds for it when I think about it. I'm just looking for a fun plinker, not gonna be doing any serious target shooting or anything.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I only have Rugers for single action. I love them. I have shot most of the other single action 22s. For the cheaper ones the fit and finish was not great. I thought the triggers on most were excellent, some were better than my Rugers. All were accurate. We do a lot of shooting at empty shotgun shells and all of the cheaper SA 22s performed well. I could not speak about durability. Could be a concern.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Links