Defensive Carry banner

SIGARMS Newsletter

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
I expect some folks might already subscribe to this but for those who don't, may be some aspects of interest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:06:16 -0400

WIN A P220 CARRY SINGLE-ACTION ONLY . . . Enter the Team SIG Sweepstakes online and you could win a brand new SIG SAUER® P220R Two-Tone SAO chambered in .45ACP. This P220 sports a tactical rail, SIGLITE® night sights and a natural stainless finish on the slide. To enter simply fill out the online entry form at www.sigarms.com. The sweeps end midnight EST on May 31, 2006. The winner - there'll only be one - will be selected in mid-June. No purchase necessary. NOTE: Complete rules (and other legal type language) are available online.

SIG IN THE MOVIES - THE SENTINEL . . . The Sentinel, Hollywood's latest action thriller, is about Secret Service Special Agent Pete Garrison played by Michael Douglas. So why do you care? Because there are a lot of SIG SAUER® pistols in the film. Basically the plot revolves around Garrison who is convinced that a Neo-Nazi Aryan disciple has managed to infiltrate the White House. When a White House agent is murdered, Garrison is framed and blackmaile
d over an affair with the First Lady Sarah Ballentine (Kim Basinger). He is relieved of his duties, but Garrison won't stop in trying to prove his innocence, and save the life of the President (David Rasche). While attempting to uncover the person behind it all, he comes into confrontation with his protégé, Agent Breckinridge (Kiefer Sutherland). Check out the official website - www.sentinelthemovie.com - where you can view the trailer. You can also download cool wallpaper images featuring either Michael Douglas or Kiefer Sutherland. The Sentinel opens nationwide this Friday, April 21.

NORTH DAKOTA HIGHWAY PATROL CHOSES SIG SAUER® . . . The North Dakota Highway Patrol selected the SIG SAUER® P226R Two-Tone in .357SIG as the department’s new duty-issue firearm. An evaluation team of Troopers tested over 20 pistol models from five manufacturers with the SIG SAUER® P226 topping the list. “The new Highway Patrol duty pistol was selected after extensive testing by our officers who took
into account the needs of both individual troopers and the department as a whole,” said Colonel Bryan Klipfel, superintendent of the North Dakota Highway Patrol. The Highway Patrol will train and transition to the P226 by the summer. The Patrol's current sidearm, the S&W 4506, has been in service for fifteen years.

ARE YOU READY TO GET BACK IN BLACK? SKILL BUILDER @ NIGHT - BLACK RIFLE . . . The SIGARMS® Academy will be opening its ranges for outdoor evening shooting on selected Wednesday nights beginning in May. So to kick things off the SIGARMS® Academy is holding its first Skill Builder @ Night - Black Rifle course on May 10. Just as the name implies this is for the semi-auto rifles like the venerable AR or, better yet, a 550 series rifle from Swiss Arms. Once we begin shipping the new U.S. made SIG 556 we know what you'll be shooting. No matter what "black rifle" you bring you'll have a blast. Just like the Friday night Skill Builder dinner is included with your course fee. T
he course will run from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. Since the sun is still setting a little early here in New Hampshire the Academy encourages you to plan to bring your tactical lights. This makes for awesome low-light shooting practice. The Skill Builder @ Night - Black Rifle course is a great opportunity to run your rifle on an outdoor range with a professional instructor on-hand to put you through your paces. All you'll need to bring is plenty of .223 ammo and since it is outdoors leaded ammo is approved. If you need ammo you can always purchase from the Academy. The Skill
Builder @ Night - Black Rifle is a great opportunity to fine tune your shooting skills in a safe, fun and exciting shooting environment. For more information visit www.SIGARMSAcademy.com or call our training coordinator at (603) 679-2003. Sign up now for the first evening shoot.

BOSTON PD MAKES IT OFFICIAL . . . The Boston Police Department's Entry & Apprehension Team has placed its order for the new Revolution 1911
which will be their new duty pistol. SIG was notified by the Deputy Superintendent Thomas Lee, Commander, Special Operations of the Boston Police
Department, back on the first of February. In his fax he noted that the Revolution was selected "after extensive testing and evaluation from our firearms instructors of several different 1911 pistols." We look forward to crossing paths with these officers at the IACP show being held this year in Boston.

SHOOTING TIMES LOVES YOU . . . After reading our newsletter - yes, even gun writers and editors read all the news from SIG - ST publisher Scott Mayer emailed us with a special subscription rate to Shooting Times for our readers. Instead of 12 issues for $16.98 you, the valued SIG Newsletter reader, can get 12 issues for just $12.00. Bump up your subscription to 24 months for just $20.00 and save even more. Subscribe online (https://store.primediamags.com/subscribe/shootingtimes/8222/I6DRAA) and take advantage of this very cool offer fr
om our friends at Shooting Times.

EQUINOX™ SHIPPING UPDATE . . . Since we know you were wondering, the new Equinox™ P220R and P220R Carry will be shipping out this month. These two new models were announced at SHOT Show. The Equinox™ models (P229R, P226R, P220R and P220R Carry) have been very popular and we can't build them fast enough. If you are looking for one of these new models make sure you contact your dealer and ask to be put on the waiting list because from what we hear many of these will be sold as soon as they hit stores. Don't miss out.

COURSE SPOTLIGHT: WOMEN ONLY WEEKEND . . . The Women Only Weekend is the ideal time get introduced to firearms - if you are a woman of course. Designed for women and taught by women, the W.O.W. introduces women to handguns through the SIGARMS® Academy's one-day Handgun Orientation course. This course covers the basics and if you never handled a firearm but always wanted to this is your class. Day two is the Basic Practical Handgun Sk
ills course which takes you beyond the introductory level is ideal for the recreational or competitive shooter as well as the personal defense oriented shooter. You can take both or just one.

TRAIN AT THE SIGARMS ACADEMY & SAVE . . . Take any SIGARMS® Academy course and save 25% on SigTac® gear and accessories and save 20% when you sign up for a future course (does not include guest instructor courses). Don't miss out on the best firearms training available. Contact the SIGARMS® Acedemy and sign up for one of their fun and exciting courses.

Your Privacy: SIGARMS holds your privacy in the highest regard. This e-mail has been sent at your request from a private mailing list maintained by SIGARMS. We do not sell your e-mail address to other parties.

--------------------------------------------

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha - well Richard in fact it is the first they sent - despite having email addy from a guarantee card sent in back aways. I did wonder if entering their last ''win a gun'' comp' got me listed. Probably.

Not complaining anyways - some good info in it. :smilez:

#5 ·
I entered, maybe I can add a P220 to my Sig family(228,225,230:danceban: )

#6 ·
Hey, a 220R SA would look really good in my collection! Interesting to hear the ND HWY Patrol adopted the 226R in .357Sig, wonder why they chose that caliber. And Boston's elite are going with the SIG 1911? Must'a had some positivre testing results - I'd really be interested to hear what sort of torture testing they put them through, haven't heard any user reports yet so a good torture testing would be invaluable ... I LIKE 1911s, did I mention that? :wink:
Jack

#9 ·
Just ordered my Sig 226ST in 9mm, :danceban: it came from a dealer who buys from Sig Sauer as the Sigarms stuff has only one dealer here in Canada, who is apparently a raving A-hole (everyone that deals with him seems to have the same opinion) and he adds about $2-300 to the price. Unfortunately they weren’t able to get one with Nitesights, will have to order those later, should be about another week for the paperwork to go through and the gun shipped to my door. Must be patient. :urlaub2:

By the way, a friend of mine has the 226 40cal with .357Sig barrel. He bought a slide, barrel and mags for the 9mm for it and he said he phoned SigArms who said it should be no problem with the conversion, he hasn’t fired it yet.

If this works maybe I will get a Nitron Sig in .40cal and do the same.

Plus I am sitting here typing this with my brand new 1911A1C from Norinco, tuned up by a Gunsmith, so that will keep me happy till the Sig arrives! :hand10:

#12 ·
maclean3 said:
Colin:
Can you even see over all those new gun cases? Sounds like you're on a buying spree ... not that it's a bad thing by any means :wink:.
Jack
Can still see a little daylight!!

Well I have to slow down the spree, my bank account has only dust in it and wife gave me the look!

She has agreed to me replacing my Mossberg 500 that I carry for bear defense, I was working her on upgrading to the 590, but suspect that I will have to get a new 500 instead. Later this summer my next gun will be the Norinco M305 (M14 clone, very nice gun)

Then I will start looking for a good used .22cal target pistol and perhaps a Inglis or FM Hi-Power.

Also warming up to having Tork with 7.63 & 9mm barrels and a M77 both from Norinco for about $350 altogether.

Of course there is the need to get a
No.5 jungle carbine
Martini-Henery
CX-Storm
etc,etc :yup:

#13 ·
Careful Colin how freely you use that word ''need'' - ''want'' is tricky too.

If Mrs Colin gets those two going, could be worse than dust in the bank :wink:

Gun purchase by stealth - way to go :18:

#14 ·
Stealth ... like my wife not knowing about the XD45 I have on layaway? I really should've gone with another 1911 so they'd look like the same gun at a casual glance but I couldn't resist the feel of the thing. I wonder if the SIG 1911 would pass the sniff test? Hmmmmm....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.