Sell or not to sell.....Hmm

This is a discussion on Sell or not to sell.....Hmm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I post a thread as to help me decide via your opinions on selling my Crimson Trace grips and using the $$ for things ...

Thread: Sell or not to sell.....Hmm

Sell or not to sell.....Hmm

So, I post a thread as to help me decide via your opinions on selling my Crimson Trace grips and using the $$ for things I will use.

See, I got a Kimber Ultra CT Carry II as a Xmas gift from my wife. Super fine firearm.

I don't use the the laser, and don't like the fact of even keeping up with batteries, zero, switching it on/off, keeping clean...extra 'responsibilities' that comes with these species of grips.

I have to much into this firearm to just sell it off. I've trained with it, I've polished the feed ramp me self, custom holster, practice mags and my carry mags....I plan on keeping the gun. Just don't like the grips.

BUT the gun is a Kimber Ultra CT Carry II...that's how the gun was made, hence it is "supposed" to have those grips on it......looks sweet, and has a cool laser that would be better off as a cat toy. IMHO

Should I leave it alone cause it's "supposed" to be with the grips?

Or open myself to more options of choices by selling the grips?

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Keep the grips, you don't have to have them on the gun, but if it's nice to keep all the parts that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Keep the grips, you don't have to have them on the gun, but if it's nice to keep all the parts that came with it.
    I agree.

Just because you may think you will never sell the gun now, doesn't mean that circumstances won't change at a later date.

Keep the boxes, parts, manual and all the stuff that comes with a gun. If and when you go to sell it in the future that "extra" stuff is worth money. It also gives an idea as to what type of person owns the gun in question. I'd much rather buy a gun Used from someone that kept the box and manual, as it can be an indicator that the person took care of the gun and treated it properly as well.

Biker

Yet another vote for "keep the grips"! I too was really skeptical about putting CT grips on my CCW but it has really worked out well. I am a better shot for using the laser sights and I don't have to depend on them. I suggest that you give them an honest try with the CT's and my best is that you will like them and incorporate them into your sighting regimen. FWIW
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Sell the grips. Anyone who wants to buy the gun is buying the gun, not the grips.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    Sell the grips. Anyone who wants to buy the gun is buying the gun, not the grips.

Anyone looking for a Kimber "Crimson Carry" (if that's the model we're talking about) is going to want the grips.

If it's just an Ultra Carry with the grips, I don't think it would be as important, but would still keep the grips.

I think it would be wise to keep the grips with the pistol. You can buy brand new CT Laser grips for certain models for less than $175 now and a lifetime of batteries from CT. $175 won't buy as much ammo as it used to.

Keep the Kimber as is!
    I changed to a Glock-36 for my EDC, but I still kept my two Kimbers, as is...just safe queens now...but I don't want to part with them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can see this is an agonizing decision. JMHO let me take the Kimber off your hands and you will sleep much better heheheh. Seriously if my wife bought it for me it would stay original.

The number one reason I think you should leave the gun as is : It was a gift from your wife. She paid extra (& a good bit) to get that for you with the CT grips.

I'm not sure how your wife is about gift giving, and maybe she doesn't care one way or the other what you do with it, but then again, she might. I'd leave them on there. Besides, if you don't like the laser, just take the batteries out so it can't activate. It's not like it's a rail mounted laser that takes up extra space or anything.

Just my .02
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Good replies...and thanks. My mind was on the sell...but my gut fought hard to keep the gun as is.

With the replies and my gut taking the win...the grips stay.

Links