Need Advice on a Trade Please

This is a discussion on Need Advice on a Trade Please within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've decided to trade my HK USPc off. It's never had a problem; it just doesn't fit me perfectly. It was bought NIB a couple ...

Thread: Need Advice on a Trade Please

Need Advice on a Trade Please

I've decided to trade my HK USPc off. It's never had a problem; it just doesn't fit me perfectly. It was bought NIB a couple months ago. It has about 350 rounds through it with some very light holster wear. It has three mags, plus box, lock and unfilled warranty card. I've been offered a Sig P229R (which is what I was looking for). It was a CPO bought about three years ago. The current owner has about 350 rounds through it. I've seen pictures and it's in the same cosmetic condition as my USP and has three mags as well.

What do you guys think? Is it a good trade?

I know I'll like the Sig better than the USP. I'm just trying to decide if this is 229 for me, or if I should wait for one that is similar in age to my USP.

Thanks for the advice.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

2. Remove Ads

Well, if the HK won't work for you, and the SIG will, then you should go with it. I do think you should come out with a little extra on the deal if you can, and don't be afraid to ask for a hundred dollar bill in difference. A CPO SIG vs. a brand new HK would likely see a difference of a couple hundred dollars. It is what it is, and I've let a few of mine go in trade for things that work better for me, and on occasion, paid the difference.

Thanks Ram Rod. That's what the logical voice in my head was saying. Of course, the other side was screaming "I want a Sig. NOW!". Thanks for keeping my grounded in logic.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Ram Rod gave good advice to you.

VIP Member
    Go for it, sounds like a fair trade to me.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am now the new owner of a Sig P229! Also got a nice leather pancake holster and some cash with it.

VIP Member
    Well Congrats on a successful trade....When everyone is happy and gets what they want, it's a good deal for all involved...Watch out, that Signess is contagious..
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Links