Guns That Look Like Toys.

This is a discussion on Guns That Look Like Toys. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From CNN........... LiveLeak.com - Guns that look like toys I loved the 1911 labeled as a "Glock (Real)"....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns That Look Like Toys.

VIP Member

Exclamation Guns That Look Like Toys.

From CNN...........

LiveLeak.com - Guns that look like toys

I loved the 1911 labeled as a "Glock (Real)".
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    you'd think that would have done their research a little better. I guess, the people that are watching this and fearful of it are the people who are too scared to do their own research.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Those things can present a dicey situation. I agree with the guy when he insinuated that a pink gun is no more deadly than a black gun.

But at the same time, I can see this as being total fuel for the anti-gun crowd too. And I can see an incident where a cop does not shoot because he sees a green and pink gun in the hand of some 16 year old, and ends up shot at.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    They still look like firearms to me.

Read California's law:

12020 thru 12040 Unlawful Carrying and Possession - Dangerous Weapons Control Laws - Dangerous Weapons Control Laws - Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

2020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a firearm,
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Pink is the new black, right?
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Anything of roughly gun shape, size, coloring that is put into use by someone as if it were a firearm is, for all intents and purposes, a firearm. And it should be treated the same, IMO, if attempted to be used as if it were.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    They still look like firearms to me.
    In the heat of the moment when a "toy" is being used by someone as if it were real ... absolutely. Cops make this "mistake" all the time. So would most folks, in a similar situation. Anyone attempting to pass off a toy as real should be treated as someone with a real one.

In short, if a "toy" gun is pulled by an aggressive felon in a robbery situation, I'm not going to be mewling about how the darned thing is a toy. I'm going to see a robbery and treat it as such.

Now, there are kids running around with toys who obviously are treating them as toys. Then, there are some kids with a "cable TV" type upbringing that put a bit more realism into their playing, such that the toys don't appear so playful any longer ... because of the more-realistic usage. At some point, the tables turn and they are, for all intents and purposes, real.

As for the new report, their little details were clouded by ignorance that could easily be resolved by spending a weekend in a gun safety and handling course, which would dispel most of the untruths they've obviously swallowed in their upbringing. Same ol', same ol'.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I like the colors and the customizing of firearms. That said none of then look like a toy to me.

What about BB guns that look like real guns. They are everywhere, and kids can buy those.
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

Kids that would think it looked like a toy should not have access to it.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

When a cop has less than 1sec to decide if they are going to shoot or not, they definitely don't need to second guess whether the gun is real or not.

This woman would have been shot by 50% of the cops out there.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    don't they know that all toy guns have orange tips on the barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mediocre View Post
    When a cop has less than 1sec to decide if they are going to shoot or not, they definitely don't need to second guess whether the gun is real or not.

This woman would have been shot by 50% of the cops out there.
    Looked like a gun and didn't have an orange tip, unfortunately, I would have shot under those circumstances.

You hesitate, you get shot.

Video is worthless. For your viewing pleasure. The actual photos. Bottom line is, if you are treating it like a real gun I will obligingly treat it the same.

Jim's Gun Supply - Offering Custom DuraCoat Firearm Refinishing

Quote Originally Posted by swatspyder View Post
    Looked like a gun and didn't have an orange tip, unfortunately, I would have shot under those circumstances.

You hesitate, you get shot.
    I agree 100%. I'm not sure what she was thinking but in the same situation, I would have probably taken the shot as well.

Gee, last year it was black rifles that were the most dangerous, this year I guess the pimk ones are. This is facet of ballistics that they never even mentioned in my physics courses.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links