G21 SF Ambi-Release Problem

G21 SF Ambi-Release Problem

This is a discussion on G21 SF Ambi-Release Problem within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had my magazine catch fall out of the magazine well a few months ago and thought once I had reinstalled it there would be ...

Thread: G21 SF Ambi-Release Problem

Question G21 SF Ambi-Release Problem

I had my magazine catch fall out of the magazine well a few months ago and thought once I had reinstalled it there would be no further issues. Unfortunately, now anytime I release a magazine a few times the button will stick and the catch will fall right out... As anyone can see this could potentially be a fatal flaw. My question is should I try and deal with Glock directly as I have read in other threads that this can be an arduous fight or find a gunsmith that could possibly attach it better underneath the leaf spring?

Jonathon

The magazine catch spring in the third generation Glocks is a simple spring steel rod. It can be sort of a pain to seat it properly after changing from say a stock mag release to an extended release and back. I'm not really up on the SF models with the ambidextrous magazine releases. It may be a simple fix for me or any Glock armorer or gunsmith. The thing I'm wondering about really is why your mag catch fell out in the first place. Apparently there is something wrong with the rod or whatever holds the mag release in place, or it's too short.....and I'm going off my extensive knowledge only of the 3rd generation models and not the SF/ambi models. Personally, I would contact Glock first 1-770-432-1202, then end up taking it to a local certified Glock armorer for a fix, hopefully free of charge. That would be better than sending the frame through an FFL back to Glock for service. If you lived closer, I'd come take a stab at it over some hot wings and a brew. Good luck, and please follow up with us on the issues and the cures.

Good idea!

It sounds like you have the 2 internal parts reversed. Flip them around and let's see what happens.

I took mine out when I duracoated my G21SF. The first re-assembly went like yours did, but after I reversed them it's been fine.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Well I called Glock and talked to technical service who then said no problem... I took it to the local armorer and Glock is shipping the new magazine catch assembly free of charge. I'll just have to see what happens...

Good deal! I figured they'd take care of your issue post haste. Glock has a good network and customer service. I'm not saying others don't, it's just, well..............customer support ranks very highly with me as well as the pistols, making it all the best it can be. I live Glock, and Glock lives in me. Glock on!

Links