2 Shootings close to home

This is a discussion on 2 Shootings close to home within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just seen the local news last night. And there was 2 seprate shootings this past week in the south bend mishawaka area. One at the ...

Thread: 2 Shootings close to home

Just seen the local news last night. And there was 2 seprate shootings this past week in the south bend mishawaka area. One at the UP mall in Mishawaka where 2 groups of 4 teens had an altercation maybe gang related but shots were fired and one grazed the back of one guys head. This happened at about 2:30 in the afternoon. The other a South Bend police officer and his girlfriend were on a street corner talking and two guys came up and attacked them to rob them. The guy shoved his girlfriend out of the way and he took three shots. He is in critical care at the hospital. The suspect is also in the hospital. Just goes to show that crime happens anywhere anytime. Carry always and be safe everybody. Just thought Id share this with you all. Take care and have agood one.

Sixgun

Thats too bad

Seems we had 3 teens beat a guy to death about 3 blocks away from my house last week for about 3$

VIP Member
    ...and people wonder why we carry...
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Assistant Administrator
    ''Expect the unexpected'' - anytime, anywhere.

Yes, this is why we carry.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Every day I read in the Police N Fire reports of the local rag, man shot at, man shot, armed robery, person beaten half to death, assault by group of, home invasion, etc. this is every day I read this stuff and this is in an population group of about 125K. Why do I want to carry, just read the news.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Friends to be honest, you just never know. Moreover, I would be even willing to bet that some of us get tired of arming up before we leave the house. I tell ya sometimes it frustrates me, but its a good frustration because first, I know I am protected and Second when I leave going to work I know my wife has something other than a knife to protect her.

I tell you so many people just don't get it you never need a penny until you need one. Thats my 2cents.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Last year, there was an 80-something man stabbed in the Wal Mart parking lot. Three months ago there was an armed robbery at a Little Caesar's in Houghton, no injuries. Last week there was an arson at work and a gunman entered a home and held three people hostage and evaded police for 10 hours or so in the Calumet area. This isn't the only crime up here.

Just some that goes to show the sheep that just because we live in a small town of 400 people that law enforcement can't be everywhere at every time something starts to go wrong and they are not here to rape the working class out of their hard-earned dollars. People who know I carry (less than 6 excluding family) don't question why anymore. They ask how.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Freakshow
    My wife was born and grew up in Calumet. We have visited their many times. Sad to see such a nice little town having the same problems as the rest of our bigger American towns. We will be camping up their this Fall and visiting some of her family. Glad Michigan has Reciprocity with Missouri.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Hey, cool! I am actually just a bit outside of Calumet in an area known as Sedar Bay, off of Tamarack Waterworks Rd. See if your wife if familiar with that. It's past the old brewery by Dextrom Rd. Most people in the area know where it is. I am about 5 miles off of M-203.

Anyways, sure is good to have your permit honored up here. I like the honor-all system MI has. Pretty nice. Although in order for a non-res to possess or bring a pistol into MI, you have to have a CCW permit from your home state. Kinda weird, but whatever.

Even though the fall is a ways away, drive safe and enjoy your time up here.

Adam
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

True, sadly. Crime is getting higher here (assaults, property theft, murders) due to the high meth rate (users). Over the past year, the transient population has more than doubled and they are becoming more aggressive.

Of course, our State as well as our county is deeply to blame due to the revolving door system they have at our jails, the spending of money for LEO's/Sheriffs/Courts going to the illegal aliens in the form of services/welfare, and the cutting back on NOT even prosecuting some crimes (like misdeamor assault and property theft).

They have gone to changing felony assualt to a misdeamoner if the person lives (the one being beat) and only a felony if the person dies (WTH is up with that!).

We have "good gun laws" (what an oxymoron to even say that) here that allows for concealed carry and no restrictions on where to carry (namely only Federal buildings).

But, people in our House and Senate do want to change that and are trying to do an end run around our own States Constitution and the Governor is silent on the issue of "gun control" due to Oregon has a great gun culture (especially on the East side) but if Portland and Eugene grow more, they will have absolute say over what goes on in Oregon anyway and everyone elses vote would be negated just because of the number of people in these cities.

And yes, I do get frustrated having to always carry (some days, you just don't feel like carrying because you're "just going to be right back") but then you re-read about how people just going to be gone for a minute find themselves being robbed/mugged/murdered/assaulted just right down from their homes.

It seems to me that as more and more people (sheep) clamer for disarming of themselves and others, the failure of the States/Counties to even perform the basic of all duties (having a manned police force that catches criminals and are not just revenue takers), that the crime rates are starting to go up.

Wayne

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Freakshow
    She knows that area well. We have spent a lot of time camping at McClain State Park. Be safe.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Cool. Stay safe as well.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Sponsored Links