Demographics Poll: DC.com - Page 4

Demographics Poll: DC.com

This is a discussion on Demographics Poll: DC.com within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I grew up in a medium size city in the (evil) Empire state, and now live 2 minutes from farm roads where I see more ...

View Poll Results: Location type: Age 0 to 21 & Current

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metropolitan & Metropolitan

63 28.51%
  • Rural & Rural

68 30.77%
  • Metropolitan & Rural

35 15.84%
  • Rural & Metropolitan

46 20.81%
  • Metropolitan & <Not yet aged 22 or older>

5 2.26%
  • Rural & <Not yet aged 22 or older>

4 1.81%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Demographics Poll: DC.com

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I grew up in a medium size city in the (evil) Empire state, and now live 2 minutes from farm roads where I see more horses and cows than cars, and I love it.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I checked Rural & Rural Pre-21 I lived in an area that was sort of suburban mixed with farm. Now I live at the beach where in the summer the county might have a quarter of million people, but most of the year there are only 20-30,000.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Its interesting to see that so far most have stayed in similar areas that they grew up in. I wonder how many have actually moved a fair distance to a similar area in comparision to those that have stayed in the same area they were born.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

Based on the link provided by Janq, and the definition of metro, I had to choose metro-metro.

However from my home or office within about 2 to 5 minutes I can be outside of the city limits and in farm/pasture land. Within 30 minutes, I can be on the other side of two additional cities and at deer camp. Our metropolitain area includes two counties, one Texas and one in Arkansas. The combined population of both is less than 140,000 people, or a bit less than 90 people per square mile average.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Rural-rural, Oregon/ Washington Hillbilly. I lived in Seattle for about 4 years and it drove me near crazy. My last wife divorced me because I insisted on living in the country (we got married while I lived in the city). I have to have hills, mountains, forest and streams around me to stay sane.

Grew up in a small town of 700 in Alaska, moved to Seattle after I was 21, lived there for 6 years, now live in a smaller city in South Carolina than Seattle, but still far larger than my home town in Alaska.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Metro & Rural

Now we have Amish driving up and down the streets in horse and buggy leaving road apples instead of exhaust fumes and pot holes.

Ok, we still have pot holes... but a hell of a lot less exhaust fumes.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    I guess it's rural by gov't standards. My hometown, which I returned to after getting my degree, only had 12000 as of the 2000 census.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I grew up mostly in urban areas though did spend a few months in a rural area before moving to Alaska. Eventually I would like to experience rural life or at least small town living. The hustle and bustle of the city is irritating sometimes.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links