How often you shoot..... - Page 2

How often you shoot.....

This is a discussion on How often you shoot..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ssssthesnake like to dry fire at the tv to funny who you find your self clicking away at lol Didn't Elvis Presley ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often you shoot.....

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssssthesnake
    like to dry fire at the tv to funny who you find your self clicking away at lol
    Didn't Elvis Presley ruin a couple of TV sets that way???????
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I didn't shoot at all from the end of September until December while I was laid up with the broken leg. Although I joked about shooting on crutches, I didn't actually attempt it but twice - once because I was stubborn and once because I was stupid (or maybe it was the other way around). I'm back to shooting at the range at least once every two weeks, whenever possible, and do dry fire, tap/rack, and mag exchange drills a little most evenings.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I shoot(the norm)3 times a week. Once or twice a month I train with "the guys" and we shoot an extra 250(or so) rds. Some months I am gone on a RO4N and I miss out, but usually will shoot 500-600rds. per month. This is pistol.

"The guys" and I have a carbine match or a sniper match every so often and that gives me another 50-75+ rds.

Being truly retired I have all the time needed to train. Shoot-reload-shoot-reload-shoot-reload,is it for me. I stick hunting in there every so often. There will be more of that now that I'm gettin' fairly senior. ---------

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Itry to go twice amonth in summer.When I shot trap it was weekly
    match.Imiss it neck won't allow the pounding!

i try to go out back at least every 2 weeks.

Not enough, that's for sure. I can get out as often as once a week, or as seldom as once a month.

On those rare days when I shoot alone, I can invest 2-3 hours of "Quality Time" on the firing line. If I take my boys with me, it's a lot more supervision, and much less shooting. Either way, it's time well spent.
    Kerry

"An armed Society is a polite society"

Well, I'd shoot more often, but it gets expensive, so I usually try and go about once a month; sometimes every other month. Last week, shooting two hundred rounds of .45 plus range fee was $62.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

At least once a month during warmer weather. In the winter, too many snowmobilers out where I shoot. Don't want to take a chance of an errant shot. That and we got 294" of snow this past winter. Puts a damper on the whole mobility in the woods thing. Chest high snow isn't kind to shooting.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I shoot at least once per week. I can shoot on my property but mostly just the shotgun at cayote's. I have an outdoor range/sportsman's club about two miles from my house and they have a real nice pistol/rifle and skeet program, Wednesday night skeet's is great in the summer. We have an indoor range about 8 miles from the house and sometimes I shoot at lunch when at work there is a range about 10 minutes from my work. And all of this in California, whadya know?????
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    repli to doc mabey he was like me lol and found tv to be infuriating i do my dry fire with plastid amo made for this pourpose lol

Every weekend or at least 3 weekends a month.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I will pick up the lease on 1300+ acres,just accross the Fla. border in Ala. May 1st. This will be shared with 9 others. For $1K each per year we will have a place to shoot,hunt,ATV,etc.

We are in the process of doing recon on the property to see where the ranges are going. We cannot put up permanent structures but we can build backstops and cut shooting lanes for target style shooting. We will have a 300yd. range and possibly a bit more with landowner approval. There are plenty of dirt roads to put our carbine course on and targets for pistol training. The land is mostly planted pines(mature) with stream bottoms. There is a 2 acre clay/dirt pit on the property(unused) that has potential for urban combat type stuff.

We will move a couple of storage sheds onto the lease to keep all our targets and associated equipment in.

Hopefully this will turn out good. These people are all dedicated self defense style shooters with a military background, and we all get along very well. This is a great start.--------

About twice a month, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Not as much as I'd like BUT now that it's gettting warmer out here in OH, the outdoor range 'bout 30 minutes away is an option at least 2X a month; went out for the first time since December on Good Friday. There's an indoor range 45-40 minutes away, but it's MUCH more expensive.
    I just bought some dummy rounds for dryfiring, so I'm hoping to invest some quality dry-firing time at least 3X a week.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Once a week, sometimes more.
    frankmako

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links