Defensive Carry banner

PLEASE HELP!!! glock 23 problem with scherer 3.5 trigger connector

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  glock22 
#1 ·
I got a new glock 23 and installed a 3.5 scherer trigger connector,stronger glock competition trigger spring, and reduced power firing pin spring. When I put any one of these parts or all three of them in the gun, the slide sticks when trying to rack a round into the chamber. It sticks when the slide is being pulled back. When the bullet is about 1/4 to 1/2 way out of the chamber the slide sticks. You can pull it real hard and it's like the slide breaks loose and then it operates properly. It does it about every third to fifth round and sometimes when ejecting the first round all by hand. When actually firing the gun it cycles fine ,you can only tell there's a problem if you try to cycle by hand. When I put everything back to factory it works fine. And when I put the pieces in my full size glock 22 it works just fine. I have tried using different magazines with the 23 but it will still do it. I don't know what else the problem could be. It feels like a piece is catching on something then if you pull it hard enough it breaks free. But, I can't figure out what that could possibly be. Any help would be very much appreciated...

#3 ·
I have reinstalled and gone over everything about 10 times, literally. I tried changing out extractors from another glock and even trigger housing out of a glock that the new pieces work fine in. None of it makes any since to me ,at all. How can the pieces work fine in my glock 22 but not my glock 23? Thanks for the reply...

#4 ·
Why would you want a reduced power firing pin spring? Couldn't that cause light primer strikes and failure to fire with harder primers?:confused:

Other than a Vickers Tactical extended mag release, I leave the inside of my Glocks stock. All my mods are external - night sights, laser, pinky extenion on the mag. I just don't trust foolin' with the guts of the pistol.:redface:

Best of luck getting that to work. Maybe one of the 'smiths here can help you out! Welcome to the forum!

#7 ·
It wont be my carry gun at the moment. If I decided to start using it as my carry weapon I would definatly put it back to stock. I use a austrian proof marked glock 19 and a ruger lcp for my ccw weapons. Or I change up the glock 19 for a xd 45 service depending on where I will be going that day. I can just stay on target better with those weapons better when I rapid fire. Thanks for the reply though....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.