Getting annoyed with "Stupid" - DEA TV reality show - Page 2

Getting annoyed with "Stupid" - DEA TV reality show

This is a discussion on Getting annoyed with "Stupid" - DEA TV reality show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Abie Normal KTW is effective in penetrating armor when fired out of a Glock 7, a ceramic gun made in Albania. Now ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting annoyed with "Stupid" - DEA TV reality show

Quote Originally Posted by Abie Normal View Post
    KTW is effective in penetrating armor when fired out of a Glock 7, a ceramic gun made in Albania.

Now I gotta clean the coffee off of my screen. Good one!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I know what you mean. I was watching it once and they were searching a dealer's apartment and found a gun. It looked like a Kel Tec Sub-2000. The Agent referred to it as a Mac-10 (I think). I do know that whatever they called it, they were nowhere near the correct designation.
    That was the first episode that I caught that spiked my blood pressure. Got worse as I watched the idiot messing with it trying to figure it out, then a second...If you don't know how it works, stop messin' with it!

Then when they finally showed it opened up, I had to presume they either asked the owner of the carbine to show them, or one of the camera crew.

IIRC the Sub 2K was stored folded in a case under a bed in one room, and the ammunition and magazines were stored separately in closet, if not in a different room. But by god, this kingpin Marijuana dealer with a bit more than personal use of pot was ready for battle, thank god the DEA caught him off guard.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

KTW is effective in penetrating armor when fired out of a Glock 7, a ceramic gun made in Albania.
    Now that is funny! If they made ktw in 10mm would science really need a super-collidor?

Ever notice how they sometimes don't arm themselves until they are ready for a takedown? I'm sure it is for effect, but they sure like to show them loading and racking the slide at the trunk of the car grabbing more ammo.

As long as none of them shot themselves in the leg with their Glock 40.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

The "reality show" I'm waiting for is Steven Seagal, Lawman. I'm not kidding. "That's right, Steven Seagal, Deputy Sheriff." I'm afraid that for this one we're going to open our mouths to let all the puke out, lest we choke.

YouTube - Steven Seagal Lawman Premieres December 2 at 10p/9c on A&E
    I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

The "reality show" I'm waiting for is Steven Seagal, Lawman. I'm not kidding. "That's right, Steven Seagal, Deputy Sheriff." I'm afraid that for this one we're going to open our mouths to let all the puke out, lest we choke.

YouTube - Steven Seagal Lawman Premieres December 2 at 10p/9c on A&E
    Boy, has he gotten 'chunky' - reminds me of Elvis in his declining days.

I love these fake 'reality' shows - shows how gullible many of us are.
    I'll bet a lot of people even believe politicians - naw that might be going to far!

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Winchester Black Talon ammo..

There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yeah, I think I saw this same DEA "show". I watched one episode and was so disgusted I turned it off about halfway through. I gave it one more chance and same results. Haven't watched since.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

This pretty much demonstrates why I don't have cable, but I watched this show a couple times when I was in a hotel traveling for work. I saw one episode where they were raiding a large apartment complex and they ended up searching someone's car. They found a brand new looking, still-in-box AK variant and a loaded magazine and were ecstatic about the discovery. It could have been a knock off, semi-auto AK but they kept referring to it as an "AK47." I don't recall where they were or whether it was legal to even possess but it seemed a little ridiculous how excited they were getting about it...
    Mike

Spring Break Fallujah '06
    "Always Flexible"

Reminds me of the preview for the Alaska State Troopers show.

One of the toughest law enforcement agencies in the nation, they patrol the
    rugged terrain of America’s largest state, where anyone they encounter could be armed.

“… When we go on patrol, when we contact people we know a few things. We know
    that they will have guns, they will have knives, and they’ll know how to use them.”
    ― Wildlife Trooper Sgt. Scott Quist

They are the first line of defense on the last frontier, the roughly 400 state troopers who patrol the rugged and unforgiving terrain of America’s largest state — Alaska. One of the toughest law enforcement agencies in the nation, these officers often travel hundreds of miles in piercing subzero temperatures to uphold the law. Responding by land, air and sea — with backup sometimes days away — they face danger to protect the people and wildlife of Alaska.

National Geographic Channel gained rare access to this elite law enforcement agency for the new series Alaska State Troopers. Filmed over 10 months, the series captures a mixture of raw nature and criminal activity throughout the Alaskan wilderness and its remote villages. Follow state troopers from two divisions within the storied organization: the “blue shirt” Alaska State Troopers, who police the towns and villages, as well as the “brown shirt” Alaska Wildlife Troopers, who enforce fish and game regulations for both commercial and sport activities.

In a state where just about every resident is armed, any scenario a trooper confronts could be fatal. Wildlife Trooper Sgt. Scott Quist explains what it’s like approaching hunters: “One thing that’s a little bit different about our version of law enforcement is that when we go on patrol, when we contact people we know a few things. We know that they will have guns, they will have knives, and they’ll know how to use them.”

Whether performing search and rescue missions on a frozen river or arresting a snowmobiler for a DUI, the challenges an Alaska State Troopers faces are diverse, but one thing is for sure — these are not your average cops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links