Gunsamerica vs GunBroker vs ??

This is a discussion on Gunsamerica vs GunBroker vs ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm getting ready to sell one CC and buy something different. Wondering if there is any good advice on the best place to use as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunsamerica vs GunBroker vs ??

Gunsamerica vs GunBroker vs ??

I'm getting ready to sell one CC and buy something different.

Wondering if there is any good advice on the best place to use as a first time private seller???

2. Remove Ads

Cool

How about your local toy store?

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Are you allowed to sell privately in California without an FFL dealer?
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

You may want to consider working with an FFL on one of the sites to sell it. If you are a first time seller, you may get fewer responses than if you had a couple of positive reviews. I like both gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com when I'm browsing.

I knew that the sale would need to go through an FFL. I do need to review and understand the modern private sale process.

'Till now, I've never sold, I've only purchased.

The local toy stores seem stark for inventory. I was thinking (yea, again) that a broader audience might help the speed at which I can get this done.

It seems like I see the same stuff on consignment for a very long time....

I've bought a few items off gun broker with no problem.

Look for a local or regional firearm forum that has a classified buy/sell section.

Look for a gun specific forum that has buy/sell section.

List it here... you never know?
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

One big advanatge of selling on line is you ship it to a FFL. Then THEY deciede if the guy is legale to own it, not you. I do not like selling FTF. You can never be sure they person is OK and it can come back to bite you. I have sold a few guns at one time or another on the net since 98. Even on eBay before they went stupid. Never had a problem. I have used Gunbroker, and Auction Arms. Both are good places.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

2 auction sites I've used successfully many times for arms & ammo are:

gunbroker.com

auctionarms.com

Of the 2, Gunbroker has a much higher volume of listings, buyers & sellers, they are the "eBay" of the gun market, but I'm sure not the only ones.

As the seller, you'll have to take your gun to a local FFL for them to ship to your buyer's FFL. Be sure your S/H charges include your shipping AND FFL costs.

Good luck.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Personally I prefer Auction Arms of all of them. Have both bought and sold on there. It's seems to be the easiest to use and navigate.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    Of the 2, Gunbroker has a much higher volume of listings, buyers & sellers, they are the "eBay" of the gun market, but I'm sure not the only ones.
    That says it right there. You'll get three times as many looks on gunbroker compared to the others.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

If you want to have more exposure to sell your firearm, your best choice would be gunbroker.com. Also make sure that in your state of residence, you are allowed to sell a firearm privately without an FFL dealer on your end. I know that an FFL needs to be the one entity to accept the firearm through mail, however; in Texas a seller does not have to have an FFl to mail off the firearm to another FFL. In California.....Well....that is a state that has become a country of their own in making their own rules and all. so you have to look into your states laws.

Every gun I ever sold was on GunBroker and most sold on the first listing. I have sold about 10 firearms on it. I have never used no other site to sell a gun so I can not comment on others.

selling on gb

i have done very well in selling my weapons on gunbroker. sold both handguns and long guns. explored the market and offered clean guns at a fair price--everything sold and $$ received was more than i could get on an outright sale or consignment sale via the local shop. one complaint--shipping handguns is very expensive as they have to go overnight. long guns went via priority mail and usually broken down to keep package size minimal. i don't know what the deal is in ca regarding sending weapons as an individual to an ffl holder, but in ct it has been a non issue for me.

i did use gunsamerica on several purchases but gb has been more convenient.

good luck/

I have used both and had no problems whatsoever; luckily for me the FFL dealer most used for these online transactions in San Antonio is well-versed on both sites and is 2 minutes from my front door....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Administrator
    Once you get 15 more posts under your belt you can try selling it here on DC in Members Buy, Sell, Trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links