Defensive Carry banner

Muzzleloader scope question

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cphilip 
#1 ·
Does a modern muzzle loader, like the Thompson Center brand, take a different type of scope than a centerfire rifle?

#2 ·
If you want a drop compensating reticle the answer is yes.

If you just want a standard reticle the answer is no. You can use any scope you like.

ETA: I have had one of these mounted on my inline for years. Nice scope, lifetime warranty and great price.

http://www.tacticalgunarmory.com/product_p/nk6308.htm

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. Honestly I would only be shooting about 100 yards. Peep sights would work but I enjoy zooming in a bit for better shot placement. I have a few years of hunting under my belt but I shot my first deer just this past Saturday. Scopes help me see better. Thanks again, all good information.

#6 ·
I believe some manufactures make scopes that are marketed as BP scopes. Don't know if there's any real difference or not but if you want to be cool, you really need one of these.

Hoss

#8 ·
I believe some manufactures make scopes that are marketed as BP scopes. Don't know if there's any real difference or not...

Hoss
The primary difference I have seen is where the optimal paralax is set. Normally for Black Powder and Shotguns it is set at 75 yards rather than the standard 100 yards is all the main difference is in many of them

If fact I used one of those on my 336C for a slightly shorter optimal range use. Good and nice out to about 150 yards but even better than normal at 50-100. Good short to mid range Rifle set up suing that combo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.