Defensive Carry banner

The "coolness" factor

5K views 59 replies 48 participants last post by  Cold Warrior 
#1 ·
Ok, I havent been here that long, but I've been here long enough to know that the "what if" and "what would you buy" threads have been beat to death. But we've got a lot of new members, and I'm bored, so humor me. :wink:

Is there anything you would buy just to show off to your gun owning friends? I mean anything, from the Duke's actual six gun he used in True Grit all the way to a working M134. Assuming it was legal to own anything and money was no object of course. You know, something just to say you had one, and why would you want it?

Me personally, I'd keep it simple. Probably just a Masterkey equipped M4A1. A nice working combination of medium and short range firepower in one convenient (albeit kind of heavy) package. I don't know what it is about an under-barrel shotgun on an AR, but ever since the time I saw one in the movie Predator when I was a kid, I've just always wanted one.

So what about the rest of you?

#5 ·
Got one. And no, I didnt pay what its worth.:embarassed:

Happened on it very much by accident, and it is hidden away under lock and key. No, its not out my home, and no, you may not shoot it. I've paid more to protect it than I did for the gun. I've been contacted by a few organizations asking me to donate it, and museums asking me to loan it. I've thought about the museum thing, but I'm not so sure about that.

Other than that, I'd take about anything with historical significance.

#8 ·
MG34

#14 ·
Even though it will be a while before I buy my first .45, I've always liked the custom 1911 carried by Don Johnson in Nash Bridges.

And who wouldn't like to get their mitts on Gov. Jesse's minigun?

And absolutely ANYTHING that goes bang and makes this guy yell "OohRah!" :comeandgetsome:

#15 ·
Even though it will be a while before I buy my first .45, I've always liked the custom 1911 carried by Don Johnson in Nash Bridges.
Johnson's pistol was actually a Super .38ACP, built for him by Mac's .45 Shop in Seal Beach, CA.

Mac's .45 Shop
Box 2028
Seal Beach, CA 90740
(310) 438-5046

#20 ·
I've never been a "show off" so to speak with my friends, family, or my acquaintances that happen to like firearms. Things like that are as personal to me as me and my wife making love and discussing it with someone else. It just doesn't happen. I consider such things sacred. Very few know that I'm tops on the list to take over Uganda with a little help from the drug lords. I'd like to keep it that way. Showing off could be digging your grave one shovel full at a time. My 2¢

#22 ·
A nickel plated sissy pistol. Why? Why not!

Audie Murphy's M1.

Alvin York's 1911.

Anything owned by John Wayne.

A musket from Lexington, Concord, or Fort Sumter.

Well that's good for a start...

#25 ·
ANYTHING with historical significance and USED in historical battles (M-1 from WWII, blackpowder rifle from the civil war etc)

This would be nice too (WHY? for the hell of it)

Attachments

#26 ·
Anything of historical significance and/or that served in armed conflict.

-B

#27 ·
I'd like a Cheytac M200.

I don't think I'd want any with historical origins (like a John Wayne owned firearm...) While it would be extremely desirable....my desire to shoot it would lessen it's value.

The .45acp Luger mentioned above would be VERY COOOL....but that is a firearm that last sold for over a MILLION dollars! (it also has a very interesting history)

#30 ·
I guess of all the cool choices to consider, I'd go with a WWII BAR with plenty of mags. I'm not to up on the newer SAWs, but I can't think of a better weapon to raise hell with than a BAR.

#34 ·
I don't care if women get wet with sweat or fellas get jealous when they see me handle and shoot my big heavy solid shiny stainless-steel Taurus PT-92 9mm Beretta knockoff! It is a pretty and practacle and sexy weapon, but I bought it because it is such a sensible CCW gun with which to have some fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.