Today's gun show carryout

This is a discussion on Today's gun show carryout within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, it wasn't much today, and all of those folks who ran out and bought gun safes at discounts yesterday didn't seem to be filling ...

Thread: Today's gun show carryout

Today's gun show carryout

Well, it wasn't much today, and all of those folks who ran out and bought gun safes at discounts yesterday didn't seem to be filling them up very fast. My local TSC (Tractor Supply) sold out of their gun safes yesterday about 10AM when I went to look for Arrow staples. Most of the deals were 20% off, or $200 off all safes. Anyhoo.......I saw plenty of Romanian AKs for $650-$750, plenty of new 30rd GI mags for the M16/AR15 for $10, lots of historical firearms, more knives than I've ever seen at a gun show before, and lots of hunters that have gone and got themselves some game and time to sell the rifles until next year. Quite a good supply of all types of primers by the case or box. Lots of jewelry, and some native American heritage, but the only freebies were the taste samples of the elk jerky (which I do like by the way...the extra hot stuff). What did I come out with? Well, just a little bit. One of those evil 31 round 9mm Glock magazines, one each mag for a G19 and a G23, and a brick of Aguila SuperExtra .22 40gr lead RN that I haven't seen in a while. Oh...and some info from Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic. Anyway, not a bad trip, and a couple of hours, but it's still been a couple of years since I've been really impressed with a local gun show. It's either the times, my age, or lack of funding for overpriced stuff I don't really need.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Cool. At least you got toys. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with my evil 31 round 9mm mag, but somehow it just makes me feel all warm & fuzzy, knowing that I have it.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    What did that brick of .22 set you back?

Nice purchases!

How about those scratch-off's? Bring 'em in and go buy yourself a new toy!
    Glock 23
    CWP (ND) Holder
    CWP (Utah) - Waiting for my letter

Cool. At least you got toys. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with my evil 31 round 9mm mag, but somehow it just makes me feel all warm & fuzzy, knowing that I have it.
    Well, I picked it up, and my wife smiled and gave a snicker, then I asked her what she thought. "Well, less reloads" she said, so she's going to be the first to shoot with it, and I'm going to be the first loading it! I had been on the back burner on this for a while, but for some reason I just couldn't pass it up this time. This was good medicine to get it off my mind.

What did that brick of .22 set you back?
    $29.50

Nice purchases!

How about those scratch-off's? Bring 'em in and go buy yourself a new toy!
    Yeah...I wish. Those are lying there waiting for me to enter into computer for the second chance draws. Already scratched off as non-winners. A lot of folks don't read the fine print on the tickets and just throw them away. I shoulda cropped them out of the pic.

Links