S&w 22a ftf w/ad

S&w 22a ftf w/ad

This is a discussion on S&w 22a ftf w/ad within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was at the fun range sunday,shooting my 22 and started getting several Failures to Fire,Never had problems with the ammo before,so I field stripped ...

S&w 22a ftf w/ad

I was at the fun range sunday,shooting my 22 and started getting several Failures to Fire,Never had problems with the ammo before,so I field stripped the gun and wiggled firing pin back and forth to make sure it was moving.I shot some breakfree on the firing pin and reassembled,inserted amag and as I pointed down range released the slide and the gun fired .I unloaded the gun and field stripped it again,the firing pin had broken and when I was moving it must have wedged it past the bolt face causing a slam fire.The gun has over 20,000 rounds thru it without any problems til now.Had I not observed the safety rules it could have been bad.$10.00 in parts and it will be up and running again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Good muzzle awareness! I had a S&W 22A.....won it in a drawing and never fired a shot before I traded it off for something else. In a way, I wish I had a 22lr pistol now. 20k rounds! Wow!

Good the thing you were following procedures.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    my 22a is my favorite range gun...just a barrel of accurate and inexpensive fun...i let a couple of kids from the table next to me fire it the other day and they went crazy over it...

ahh the joys of a .22! my mark III is no where near 20k rounds only about 3-5k. not bad for only having it a year and a couple months. good luck getting your gun up and running agian. happy shooting

Shows the importance of good safety habits. Very well done and point well made (no pun intended). KUDOS!

Links