Would you be comfortable?

This is a discussion on Would you be comfortable? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I walked next door and asked my insurance agent, and basically if I want everything covered it would be a simple rider just like ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you be comfortable?

Well I walked next door and asked my insurance agent, and basically if I want everything covered it would be a simple rider just like on a home owners policy.

Oh, and I can think of a better idea than a nearly half a ton coffee table.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

As long as the insurance coverage is there and you are comfortable with it, then go for it. I wouldn't put any "prize" weapons there though OMO.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    As long as the insurance coverage is there and you are comfortable with it, then go for it. I wouldn't put any "prize" weapons there though OMO.
    Why no prize weapons there. Is there a reason they would be any less safe locked up in the same safe in my office when I am not there than they would be in my home when I am not here?

I am look for good logical arguments against it to help me decide.

BTW, if I had room to build false walls and a secret room, I would have plenty of room for the safe. As far as hidden access to the room from my bedroom closet, well the room would have to be in dining area of the home. Hmm, maybe all homes aren't build with bedrooms opposite each other. These things really don't address the questions asked.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Why no prize weapons there. Is there a reason they would be any less safe locked up in the same safe in my office when I am not there than they would be in my home when I am not here?

I am look for good logical arguments against it to help me decide.

BTW, if I had room to build false walls and a secret room, I would have plenty of room for the safe. As far as hidden access to the room from my bedroom closet, well the room would have to be in dining area of the home. Hmm, maybe all homes aren't build with bedrooms opposite each other. These things really don't address the questions asked.
    actually, if you have a good alarm system on the doors and windows, the safe will be fine. The only job of the safe is to slow the thieves down. Even if the response time of the cops is 5 minutes, a thief will never get in the safe.

I think a good alarm and a good safe? you should be fine
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Sorry, I wouldn't put my weapons away from me, I must couldn't do it, even though the are technically away from you when you are at work, you know what I mean by this.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Sorry, I wouldn't put my weapons away from me, I must couldn't do it, even though the are technically away from you when you are at work, you know what I mean by this.
    No, I don't. I have yet to see a post with any explanation behind it. They are all simply don't put the safe at work. Unless your going to keep everything with you all the time, then by default at some time they are away from you and you can't keep an eye on them. I am trying to get some valid reasons why.

The insurance was one valid question that has been addressed. I don't recall any others that have been brought up. Oh wait the clientel, which I believe was addressed as well.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I don't see any problem, or reason that you shouldn't keep your collection in your office. You're going to keep your HD stuff at home, right?

The only way I would feel comfortable is if my guns/safe were in the same location I am at least 75% of the time. My safe is in my home, but lately I've only been spending about 50% of my time there. Not much difference though, me going to work and leaving it, or you going home and leaving it. I would still think residential burglaries are more common than the average commercial burglary. I guess it's kind of a toss-up on it. But personally, I like to have my stuff very near to me when I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    I don't see any problem, or reason that you shouldn't keep your collection in your office. You're going to keep your HD stuff at home, right?
    I will keep a G19, a S&W 642, a 24/7, and a PT111 at the house all loaded with extra magazines for the autos in a quick access safe in the bedroom closet just like I do now.

I don't generally keep anything else readily accesible when home anyway. The keys to the other gun cabinets are in the quick access safe, I doubt I would pass the loaded guns up to go for the other stuff in a time sensitive situation.

Ram Rod, your correct. The number of daytime residential burlaries that have taken place in our area are expenentially higher than the nighttime burlaries of office buildings from the information I have seen.

The other thing that weights heavily is that I think they would be safer in a full blow fireproof gun safe no matter where the location, than they would be in a couple of steel gun cabinets in my closet. At least that is my thinking.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links