Which firearm company has the best customer service?

This is a discussion on Which firearm company has the best customer service? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Only experience is with S&W and they are GREAT !!!!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which firearm company has the best customer service?

Only experience is with S&W and they are GREAT !!!!

2. Remove Ads

Sig, does not even have a customer service department. They have phone numbers that you can call, argue with some kid, get promised things that will never happen, unless you threaten them with the Better Buisness Bureau.

Then once you get them motivated to do their job, they can't get it right. Just go threw the motions. Wont go into all the details again, it pisses me off to just think about what all went down with these idiots.

Have been told that several distributors are dropping them because of poor quality and horrible "customer service".. I guess $300,000.00 government contracts are more important to "Sig Sucks" than in individual customer.

Again and last time "SIG SUCKS"

And yes I still have a Sig or two, when/if they need service they go to a gun smith, not SIG SUCKS.
    CCRIDER
    Kimber Compact CDP II, Sig 220 Carry Elite, Colt New Agent,

Sig Customer Service, Stinks!

"The more I know about people the more I like my dog."

Many may not agree nut High-Point has excellent customer service. They will replace any part for any reason, for any owner, ever. If you weapon is melted in a fire, send them the pile of melted goo and they will send you a new weapon. That is the ultimate in service. No questions asked.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Administrator

Slightly Off Topic

Another option would be to buy a gun from a place like Davidson's Gallery Of Guns

http://www.galleryofguns.com/

DAVIDSON'S GUARANTEEDSM LIFETIME REPLACEMENT At Davidson's, your satisfaction is our commitment. In fact, our commitment is so strong, that we have put together the only GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty available in the firearms industry.

It works like this......

If anything ever goes wrong with any gun you buy with the Davidson's GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty, it will be replaced. If no replacement is available, it will be repaired at no charge to you. Simple, just return it to the GuaranteeDSM retailer where you purchased it, pay for the return shipping and upon receipt Davidson's will ship you * BRAND NEW GUN.

So make sure every firearm you purchase works for you.
    Ask for the GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty.

Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions Davidson's Supply Company warrants to you that if any gun sold by Davidson's ever becomes defective, Davidson's will replace the gun at no charge, subject to the following conditions. This warranty applies only if Davidson's Supply Company sold the gun to the retailer from which you purchased it and extends only to the original purchaser from the retailer. In order to be eligible for warranty coverage, the original purchaser must complete the warranty registration online or return the warranty registration card to Davidson's Supply Company, at the address shown below, within 30 days from date of purchase. If no replacement is available, we will repair the original or offer you a similar model (to be determined at our discretion) free of charge. This warranty extends to any and all parts of the gun as originally sold by us, but does not extend to guns altered or rebuilt after their original purchase, or guns used other than for their legal intended purposes. DAVIDSON'S LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPLACING OR REPAIRING THE NONPERFORMING OR DEFECTIVE GOODS (TO BE DETERMINED AT OUR DISCRETION). WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, EITHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. To obtain performance under this warranty, you must return the product to the retailer from which you purchased the product and pay the cost of shipping the product to Davidson's. If the retailer is no longer in business, you may contact another Retailer Near You or us directly at Davidson's Supply Company, 6100 Wilkinson Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301, 928-776-8055. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

* BRAND NEW GUN:
    Davidson's will ship your replacement firearm the very next business day for all in stock items. You are only responsible for return shipping costs to us (ie: getting the firearm to Davidson's through your retailer we do not accept shipments directly from end consumers.) Handguns are shipped out for next day delivery while long guns are typically received by your dealer within 3-4 days of shipping. If we do not have a replacement or you elect to get the same repaired firearm back, your firearm will be sent to the factory or an authorized warranty station for repair. If your firearm is repaired, the time frame until we return your firearm will be longer. Your dealer must have a valid FFL with original signature on file for us to ship and a current account with Davidson's.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Seecamp fixed my much used and abused 20 year old LWS32 for free. I was surprised, very pleased and impressed. They stand behind their work 100% valid warranty or not.
    When I was researching .32's for discreet carry, I visited their forum over about a 6 month period. A lot of their members are very competent regarding "fixes". I have seen several times when nobody had the answer, the owner (Larry Seecamp), would chime in with his personal cell number, and tell them "Call me". I too, am impressed with that level of customer service.

The best customer service is none needed. For me, that's Ed Brown.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Hmm...customer service huh? Well, I've only dealt with a few companies. I've dealt with Smith & Wesson twice. The first time was fantastic. The second time, not so much. They resolved the issue, but not in a timely manner (like two months after they approved replacing a defective firearm). I've e-mailed Sig a few product questions. They responded with good info, and in about a week. Not great service, but not terrible either.

By far, the best experience was with Armalite. E-mailed them a question about my M-15A4. Got an answer in less than four hours. Replied with a follow-up question. Got an answer in less than an hour.

I've got a Glock, Marlin, Savage, & Springfield Armory as well. Never had to deal with Customer Service, so can't comment on their quality of service.

And, before you ask, the issue with Smith & Wesson is on a Walther SP22 and is still on-going. I'll write up a full explanation once it has been resolved.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

BAC
    I'll throw in another vote for Springfield Armory. Keep in mind that not all customer service is repair work.

DPMS is in my personal dog house. Poor communication and a year and a half of waiting means they'll have to put in overtime to get out of my dog house. RRA almost made it there, but with respect to the time I purchased from them they ran fairly average times compared to other AR companies (although I'm not happy that their site listed a time frame clearly unable to be met).

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

OD*

Which firearm company has the best customer service?

There really isn't ONE best, you can hear/find horror stories from ANY of the manufacturers.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

This is something I would defer to a gunsmith, or dealer for, I would think. but based on my own personal experiences, Kimber was awsome. They replaced a slide and worked on my Tactical Ultra II for free.

Only customer service experience I've had was with Armalite when I first bought my AR-24(the warranty card had been missing when I purchased it). I first called their service line only to be told I had to email them. I emailed them twice in a two-week period, received my first response 3 weeks after the first email. After that, I received the Warranty card in the mail after 3 days, filled out the warranty card, sent it it with original proof of purchase, and waited. Hadn't heard anything from them after 2 weeks, emailed them again (another 2 week wait) and finally heard back that they'd never received it. In addition, without a proof of purchase to send in with another warranty card, they wouldn't be able to validate the warranty.

Only customer service I've ever tried was Sig Sauer.

Rate at A+++

Fast, and replaced the slide on a 226 for a finish problem.

EAJ
    Springfield Armory
    Kel-Tec
    SIG
    S&W

Love em or hate em, HiPoint has a great rep for CS. They offer a lifetime warranty no matter if you're the original owner or not. Any serious issues often result in the rebuilding of the weapon around the original SN plate. You pay for shipping to the mothership, but when they send the weapon back they include a spare mag to cover your costs.

S&W not so responsive

Earlier I casted my vote for S&W. No I am not so sure. As far as fixing problems I believe they are still good.

I have been sending emails for 2 weeks asking them to explain something. Today I finally get a BS response. Pasted below is my email and their response.

My Email:
    I have purchased your M&P 40 compact, no thumb safety, no magazine safety.

Can you please describe the internal safeties that would prevent a round in the chamber from being fired. Why there is no way that unless the trigger is pulled it won't fire. What is the mechanism that hold the striker pin in place when a round is chambered and how is a failure of this mechanism safe guarded?

There are many of us on some forums who would like to know.

In addition, I would like to suggest that on the model with a thumb safety you change the design to be more like your others. As it is now, it kind of looks like it is an added afterthought and not as good as your others.

S&W Response:

Dear S&W Customer:
    The safeties on the M&P are as follows:
    Sear Deactivation Lever - Safe Disassembly without pressing trigger.
    Internal Lock System - Helps Prevent Unauthorized Use
    Magazine Disconnect
    Passive Trigger Safety
    Striker Block Safety

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links