S/W p22a

This is a discussion on S/W p22a within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; well..I finally got my p22a all fixed up and ready for the range...went to opticsplanet.com and got a ncstar d3b halographic sight that I put ...

Thread: S/W p22a

Talking S/W p22a

well..I finally got my p22a all fixed up and ready for the range...went to opticsplanet.com and got a ncstar d3b halographic sight that I put on the top rail....now all I gotta do is go to the range and sight it in...man is this thing bright!!..pretty clear and has several types of sights...cost was 43 bucks , free shipping.

I can't wait to go to the range and try it out..
    Steve

2. Remove Ads

I love mine, no jams, and real accurate, fun for the whole family!

After about 20,000 rounds my firing pin broke,I replaced the firing pin and firing pin return spring for about 10.00,also bought some new recoil spring buffers,Brownells had all the parts.After my pin broke I saw a website that said that was pretty common for the firing pin to break around that many rounds
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Range report...man...got to a new range today for about an hr....of course after going thru all the safety stuff and all.....finally got my lane...first up!..the SW p22a with new sites....first off...this thing is a little quarky for a 22cal.....sometimes it feeds great and other times it won't feed...it's not all the time but I think it just needs to be fired a few thousand rounds or so get broken in....just kidding but it's got a pretty nice feel at the range...
    2nd thing is the new site is awesome...bright...full up can be seen in full sunlight....in the range where the lighting is a little subdued it really bright...I had it on low and you had no problems seeing it all...
    3rd....the combination is FUN!!!!...danged fun!!!....shot about a 100 rnds thru it and it was dead nuts on..after I adjusted the site up a couple of clicks...
    second up was my taurus 24/7 pt 140 DS pro....dang this thing is fun to shoot...I fired it several times before and it's right on out of the box and really really controllable....my lane buddy asked me what I was shooting ..we compared notes...I let him fire my taurus ..he really liked it...was way better handling than his smith/wesson 40cal......he let me shoot his s/w....nice by I agree...my taurus is better shooting...easier to handle.....easier to see the sites ....

so..bottom line is the new plinker is a hoot to shoot....

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve201 View Post
    Range report...man...got to a new range today for about an hr....of course after going thru all the safety stuff and all.....finally got my lane...first up!..the SW p22a with new sites....first off...this thing is a little quarky for a 22cal.....sometimes it feeds great and other times it won't feed...it's not all the time but I think it just needs to be fired a few thousand rounds or so get broken in....just kidding but it's got a pretty nice feel at the range...
    2nd thing is the new site is awesome...bright...full up can be seen in full sunlight....in the range where the lighting is a little subdued it really bright...I had it on low and you had no problems seeing it all...
    3rd....the combination is FUN!!!!...danged fun!!!....shot about a 100 rnds thru it and it was dead nuts on..after I adjusted the site up a couple of clicks...
    second up was my taurus 24/7 pt 140 DS pro....dang this thing is fun to shoot...I fired it several times before and it's right on out of the box and really really controllable....my lane buddy asked me what I was shooting ..we compared notes...I let him fire my taurus ..he really liked it...was way better handling than his smith/wesson 40cal......he let me shoot his s/w....nice by I agree...my taurus is better shooting...easier to handle.....easier to see the sites ....

so..bottom line is the new plinker is a hoot to shoot....

Steve
    I shoot federal 550 bulk box in mine and it eats them like candy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Mine shoots Winchester ammo all day long and accurate too.

Links