How much ammo is enough????

This is a discussion on How much ammo is enough???? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hah! "Enough" and "ammo" don't belong in the same sentence unless they are preceded by the adverbs "never" or "not."...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much ammo is enough????

Hah! "Enough" and "ammo" don't belong in the same sentence unless they are preceded by the adverbs "never" or "not."

2. Remove Ads

HOW MUCH AMMO IS ENOUGH?

Answer - HOW MUCH CAN YOU AFFORD AND STORE?

There is no such thing as enough or too much. When I was working and HAD money before the economy and my "life problems" took hold, Id have on average 2-3k for the AKs and around 1.5K for the handguns and around 1K for the shotguns (between buckshot slugs and hunting loads)
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

You guys are too funny. I should have known better than to ask but no one owned up to how much they really have and shoot in a month now. Is it a secret? I promise I won't come to your house to borrow a cup of ammo if I need it.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

As far as I'm concerned, you did the right thing. You can never have too much ammo.

My wife says I have enough, what a dork.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

It is like asking the typical woman " How many pairs of shoes do you need?"

Never enough. Pack it and stack it until the floor collapses... then there's more room after you clean up the mess for more ammo.

I reload,and shoot around 1000 rounds of various calibers a month,I have about 45,000 primers and about 40 pounds of powder,and I still think I need more
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

as long as I have the room and money I add to my stock
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Enough??? There is really now way to tell if you have enough or not until you need to use it and either run out, or don't. So the question can't really be answered.

The rule I go by is that the only time you can have too much ammo is if your on fire or trying to swim.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I reload,and shoot around 1000 rounds of various calibers a month,I have about 45,000 primers and about 40 pounds of powder,and I still think I need more
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Geez they limit how many primers you can buy in a day here because they can't keep any in stock.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

I agree it is never enough. My wife does not share my passion for shooting so I do not have the support financially to store as much as I'd like but I try to buy as often as I can. I'd buy as much as I could afford. It is worth it's weight in lead!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth keystone... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference."
    - GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
    Exactly - That is the same as a woman going to the mall during a huge sale and saying "But look at how much we saved!"

Except I neeeeed the ammo!
    Do you have any sisters???
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Quote Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
    - How much is enough?
    How much air do we need to breathe? How many birds do we need to hear sing? How many flowers do we need to smell. Ah, forget it !!

Get more Ammo!!

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    There is no such thing as too much ammo!!! Well, I guess if you are swimming, there would be a point where a person has too much ammo on them, but there is no such thing as too much ammo. There is such a thing as no more room to store ammo, but that can be taken care of by putting both kids in the same bed and trashing the other one. Then you can stack ammo to the roof in the same foot print the bed took up. If you have no kids, then the other half can sleep on the couch and you can store ammo on their side of the bed.

You can always park the car outside and store ammo in the garage. If you don't have a garage, well then build one. Then you will have an empty garage, you can store ammo in. Got a yard? Put in some storage boxes out there. Not for the ammo, but for all the furniture you can fit in it so you can store more ammo in a nice climate controlled house. Now that I have started telling you about how there is never any such thing as too much ammo, you can come up with more ways to make room for more ammo. Pet got a place to sleep? Sell or give away the pet along with the bedding place and you will have more room to store ammo.

There is no such thing as too much ammo!!!
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links