Permit Carry

This is a discussion on Permit Carry within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have heard a few folks tell storys of going out into the world and forgetting their wallets (read PERMITS) at home by mistake. Of ...

Thread: Permit Carry

Permit Carry

I have heard a few folks tell storys of going out into the world and forgetting their wallets (read PERMITS) at home by mistake. Of course, this would be a punishable offense in all juristictions. [If caught :)]

Most of us, I believe, carry our gun of choice in a holster, right?

Soooo, wouldn't it be a boon if the holster makers put a little pocket into the back of their wares to house the permit?

You pick up your gun and holster and "voilla"...you automatically have your permit.

I've even seen little sticky backed plastic pouches that would hold a small business card size document.

Just thinking.......

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    I have heard a few folks tell storys of going out into the world and forgetting their wallets (read PERMITS) at home by mistake. Of course, this would be a punishable offense in all juristictions. [If caught :)]

Most of us, I believe, carry our gun of choice in a holster, right?

Soooo, wouldn't it be a boon if the holster makers put a little pocket into the back of their wares to house the permit?

You pick up your gun and holster and "voilla"...you automatically have your permit.

I've even seen little sticky backed plastic pouches that would hold a small business card size document.

Just thinking.......
    And when stopped by a cop and asked for your license and go for your gun?
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

OOOOOPS!
    I deserve some time in the corner for that one!
    Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    OOOOOPS!
    I deserve some time in the corner for that one!
    Thanks!!!!
    Actually, it is a good idea, but the states should do like they do for forgetting a DL, just show [radio call and computer check] to show you do have a valid license.
    And or they could issue duplicate licenses [not as good an idea, they'd turn that into "gun registration, what gun will you be carrying, why do you need so many licenses?"

They should accept a photocopy... I might rig a pocket for a copy, on the holster. "Whoops, forgot my wallet, but I've got a copy in my holster."
    If you get robbed and they take your wallet, do you have to give them your gun so it goes with the license?
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

As soon as I relize I left my walet GUNs GO IN GLOVE BOX ;-) PS in FL. it's
    A $25 fine H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    When you get to my age, you have to compensate. Often when I am working outside, I jump in the truck and run downtown for a part or something. When I forget my wallet, the guys at the store will let me pay later. If I forgot my wallet and the wrong jurisdiction stopped me, I am not sure what might happen. Above all, I don't want to take a chance with my carry permit. Therefore, I compensate with copies.

I have a cheap color copier/printer and a twenty dollar laminator. I have laminated copies of my carry permit stashed in my car, truck, and state law notebook. The original is in the wallet. I also have copies of my gun purchase receipts in my state law notebook. The state law notebook is what we carry on out-of-state trips. I am absent minded, but feel covered on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    As soon as I relize I left my walet GUNs GO IN GLOVE BOX ;-) PS in FL. it's
    A $25 fine H/D
    It's much easier to just keep a copy of your permit IN your glove box...problem solved! I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Here in Fresno where i live the cc license we get is almost the size
    of an index card,almost.So even carrying it in my wallet is a hassle
    due to the size.
    But anyways,i have forgotten it a time or to so when i realize it,i put my gun it the tool box i have bolted down in the back of the truck.
    Not sure what the penalty for not having it is,but im sure its severe.
    Were talking about California,and anything to due with guns seem to
    push buttons.
    Cluelessness: There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Macklin View Post
    Actually, it is a good idea, but the states should do like they do for forgetting a DL, just show [radio call and computer check] to show you do have a valid license.
    And or they could issue duplicate licenses [not as good an idea, they'd turn that into "gun registration, what gun will you be carrying, why do you need so many licenses?"

They should accept a photocopy... I might rig a pocket for a copy, on the holster. "Whoops, forgot my wallet, but I've got a copy in my holster."
    You know, I'm highly unlikely to charge anyone with anything for forgetting to bring their permit, its not that hard to confirm its existance. However, not having any sort of ID can really be a problem. Its easy to call in a name and DOB and find out if that person is licensed, but that doesn't mean that the person providing the information is who they say they are. We have had enough problems with that recently (folks using family or friends' information to get out of stuff) that a lot of the time is just safer for us to arrest. Failure to carry a DL while operating a motor vehicle in NC is a misdemeanor. That makes it an arrestable offense. If I have even the slightest hinky feeling about someone who can't produce ID I take them downtown. Don't forget your ID.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Links