History Channel's $100,000 Top Shot Competition

This is a discussion on History Channel's $100,000 Top Shot Competition within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Are you America’s “Top Shot”? The History Channel is seeking marksmen with amazing firearm skills If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any ...

Thread: History Channel's $100,000 Top Shot Competition

History Channel's $100,000 Top Shot Competition

Are you America’s “Top Shot”? The History Channel is seeking marksmen with amazing firearm skills

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on TV’s first marksmanship competition show. The History Channel and the producers of The Ultimate Fighter are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s first “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!
    To apply, email sydleier@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is January 18, 2010. For more information, visit Pilgrim Films & Television and click on “CASTING” or call 818-728-3729 TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    "reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship"

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality
    That big personality requirement can be wrought with problems and exploited. Reality TV is in the business of creating "entertainment". Most of the shooters I know who meet the criteria for ability won't meet the criteria for personality. Shooters are better off if the folks who meet the criteria for personality ala "tactical commando" and "mall ninja" persona's out of the public eye.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

History Channel seeking marksmen for new competition show!

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on TV’s first marksmanship competition show. The History Channel and the producers of The Ultimate Fighter are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s first “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show.

Deadline to apply is January 18, 2010. For more information, visit Pilgrim Films & Television and click on “CASTING” or call 818-728-3729 TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

This could go one of two ways.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

I saw this same announcement at SigForum in December and very seriously I'd thought to submit an application.
    Forwarded the idea to my wife and everything.

Major problem though is that it requires ability to be available for a month (!) as on site in CA.
    A month away from my family and work to participate in a tv show?
    Too much of a stretch and burden.

It sounds like a lot of fun though.
    Too bad I don't live and work in CA.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    It sounds like you need some good sponsor or a few bucks stashed away for
    foolishness to be away from home and the wife for a month. A week or two she'd good riddance and have fun and win a least your costs if you want to do it.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Um...did the people incharge of this project just advertise on the forum?

Also Im still working on my entrance video, gunfire at the local range is terrible for sound quality sometimes...it also doesnt help when that one in a million bad round makes one of your CC pieces jams.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Um...did the people incharge of this project just advertise on the forum?

Also Im still working on my entrance video, gunfire at the local range is terrible for sound quality sometimes...it also doesnt help when that one in a million bad round makes one of your CC pieces jams.
    Why yes I believe they just did.

Well I know I can shoot with the best of them. After all my wife is pregnant again (#3). But I'm not sure about the personality thing.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I thought about applying until I looked at the application form. It looks like they want you to be in pretty good physical condition, submit a video, be familiar with a variety of firearms and "have a big personality". Also, the application looks like it was written by someone not real familiar with guns.

I have the free time, but I don't know if I'm in the kind of shape and would be up to the physical challenges you see on these reality shows.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I'm still laughing about the "mind blowing shooting skills" -- it seems to be an unfortunate choice of words.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Welp...color me hopeful, I applied.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Links