Who said subcompacts are for close up.

This is a discussion on Who said subcompacts are for close up. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jwhite75 Bob Munden as been filmed hitting a balloon at 200 yds...with a snub nose revolver Yep I saw that same 'challenge' ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who said subcompacts are for close up.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Bob Munden as been filmed hitting a balloon at 200 yds...with a snub nose revolver
    Yep I saw that same 'challenge' between he and Jerry Miculcek on Shooting USA last summer.
    They both can do it and no doubt others can too.

~~~

To the OP,

Short barrel/short frame handguns though are largely purposed for ease of concealment and pocketability.
    With a shorter barrel length thus sight radius decreases resulting in increased effort to aim with accuracy and by that increased variance in accuracy.

Short barrel/compact guns are not inherently inaccurate. It's just that it's more difficult for an individual shooter to be more accurate with them as opposed to that of having a longer sight radius.

Exact same is the case with all matter of shotguns regardless of barrel length and rifles as well.
    It's basic physics.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

I, and persons I shoot with, regularly shoot at 100-200 yard targets. It really is fun, gives you lots of practice & really shows your bad habits!!
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

VIP Member
    One of the guys I used to shoot PPC with used to win matches shooting his 2 1/2" custom revolver up against other guys with 6" custom revolvers.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Some guns are inherently more accurate than others.
    And some guns match a person's "sweet spot" of balance, ergonomics, proportions, recoil. Of a dozen pistols I have shot and owned over the pat 17yrs, I have had one like that, after getting used to it, it was by far the most accurate gun in my hands that I have ever used. (Think: "idiot savant" accurate. Go figure.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

kpw
    200 yards is a blast with a pistol. Even better is a newbie that does it for the first time.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

The only pistol I have that is limited to 25 yards for accuracy is my Elsie Pea. Love them long range targets. My favorite range is 200 yards. Not going to pretend that I'm good enough to hit it every time but when I do hit the gong, it's a thrill. I go for grouping. It's sure shows a jerked trigger!
    “Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.”

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”

Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member
    Watching close, as he is shooting at the 80 yard gong, I think I can see the bullets in the air before they hit the gong, not all of them, but some I see. You do also see the bullets after hitting the gong. Any one else see it????

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Great shooting...impressive, I'd say that he has himself well defended in any WalMart parking lot.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cool video (nice shooting too) & i really like his range set-up
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Watching close, as he is shooting at the 80 yard gong, I think I can see the bullets in the air before they hit the gong, not all of them, but some I see. You do also see the bullets after hitting the gong. Any one else see it????

Z
    I did

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links