California AB 962...Something Else That's Supposed To Save The World

This is a discussion on California AB 962...Something Else That's Supposed To Save The World within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No more Cabela's for us, here in California. So far, one out of one "on the side" retailer of handgun ammo said that they were ...

Thread: California AB 962...Something Else That's Supposed To Save The World

California AB 962...Something Else That's Supposed To Save The World

No more Cabela's for us, here in California. So far, one out of one "on the side" retailer of handgun ammo said that they were going to probably stop when it becomes law due to the hassle of what they're likely to be burdened with. Anyone else find anyone who is going to probably stop selling handgun ammo because of all the red tape? Welcome to California....Home of UC Berkeley.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

I feel for you guys and gals out on the "left" coast.

But just think, now you won't need to even carry a gun since all the gangbangers and criminals won't have any ammo either! What's that? You say they don't follow the law and will illegally get ammo for their guns anyway?

Preposterous! This law will make all of California safe! Just like all of the other laws... Oh wait, they ignored all of the laws already on the books? I wonder why that is? Oh yeah, that's right, they're criminals!

I'm just glad my parents got our family the hell out of there 30 years ago. If it's at all possible, I'd suggest you do the same. No sense in going down on the sinking ship if you've got a lifeboat available.

On topic, I haven't seen any online retailers that have stopped shipping to California yet, but I'm sure they'll start advertising that soon.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    Looks like there will be a lot more traffic going to Nevada, Oregon and Arizona.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I left California in July 2003 to move to Humble, TX. I am glad that I made the move.

AB962 has NOTHING to do with crime. It almost has nothing to do with guns or ammo.

AB962 is ALL AND ONLY about sales tax money. Too many people are buying goods over the internet and not paying taxes. The sales are not tracked by the government and the buyers are supposed to voluntarily claim the items & pay the taxes each year on their tax returns. But no one does it. The Feds have preempted the internet as a "tax free zone" so the State can't impose taxes (unless there is an outlet for the business within the State).

Since the State can't track purchases, & the Feds prevent direct internet taxes the only way to get these taxes which aren't being paid is through control of the goods. One way the State can do this is through the public welfare. Public welfare requires that the items being controlled are within an area commonly known to be "harmful" or "injurious." So, the State eliminated internet purchases of ammo as being against the public good because criminals use these items to commit crimes. This lets the State allow & control in-State sales and the sales tax is being collected by the merchant at the time of the sale.

Bingo, we now have taxes imposed on what used to be internet purchased goods.

Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    I left California in July 2003 to move to Humble, TX. I am glad that I made the move.
    I'm glad you (and the rest who did likewise) left too.

There are more seats at my favorite restaurant so I don't have to make a reservation a week in advance. My grocer remembers my name because he doesn't see 4000 faces per hour anymore. My insurance agent greets me personally instead of having me deal with his secretary/receptionist instead. Ditto for my doctor. Traffic is easier on my commute too.

And wonder of all wonders, since you left the anti-gun sentiment has been changing for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    I'm glad you (and the rest who did likewise) left too.

There are more seats at my favorite restaurant so I don't have to make a reservation a week in advance. My grocer remembers my name because he doesn't see 4000 faces per hour anymore. My insurance agent greets me personally instead of having me deal with his secretary/receptionist instead. Ditto for my doctor. Traffic is easier on my commute too.

And wonder of all wonders, since you left the anti-gun sentiment has been changing for the better.

Odd. I got the same thing going here and lower cost of living and didn't have to move to get it... plus, our Governor has an Argentinian mistress so there...

pretty sure this takes effect in 2011 - my local state assemblyman will / has introduced a bill to reverse this or most of it - not done yet

Quote Originally Posted by tremor View Post
    pretty sure this takes effect in 2011 - my local state assemblyman will / has introduced a bill to reverse this or most of it - not done yet
    Yes, I believe Feb, 2011. We will become criminals by exchanging a box of bullets with our buddies. That's ok, I wrote my "nasty-gram" to the governor before he signed it and I threw in every common sense view that you could possibly imagine. (Not that it ever reached the desk but what else can I do?) I'm so pissed at our state's point of view you don't even know. You can probably imagine why a lot of people in North California have wanted to "split" the state for years now but nothing has ever materialized. The only thing I can think of is they're slowly taking away our ability to buy ammo bit by bit because 2A says that all have the right to bear arms but nothing says we have the right to accompany those arms with ammo. I have recently been to Texas, I go there about once a year on business. I think I would look good in Texas. Remember, don't get mad at the Californians who move there, they're probably the ones with your beliefs and one of them may be me.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Kalifornia politicians are the lowest form of life in this universe. The real agenda and ultimate aim to to take away citizens right to OWN any type of firearm, long gun or handgun.

NYS is basically a sister state to the Left Coast. Hence it is only a matter of time before NY follows the same path.

As much as I enjoyed travelling to Kalifornia, I would not want to live in a state where rights are trampled.

Governor JERK-INATOR, why don't you back to your native country of Austria and stay there forever? YOU ARE THE WORST CA POLITICIAN!

There was a report on the Phil Valentine show. The top 10 cities in the US with the highest crime rates are blue cities in blue states. That's gotta tell ya something!

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Odd. I got the same thing going here and lower cost of living and didn't have to move to get it... plus, our Governor has an Argentinian mistress so there...
    So you're saying you got it better cuz your governor has a hottie mistress and mine is stuck married to a Kennedy? Oh wait. . .

Well.... Maria used to be kinda hot at one time but not all that much. But she does have the money I give you that. Hehe...

Budget won't balance? Two choices, increase tax income or cut spending. So many people have left CA. When they cut off the ammo supplies your guns will become clubs. Vote with your feet, your tax $$$ will follow.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Links