Mag problems

This is a discussion on Mag problems within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a Kahr e9 9mm. One of the magazines doesnt seem to keep the ammo in tha mag very well they seem to fall ...

Thread: Mag problems

Mag problems

I have a Kahr e9 9mm. One of the magazines doesnt seem to keep the ammo in tha mag very well they seem to fall out, when i go to get the mag or sometimes when i run to the store I will put it in pocket and the shells fall out, any suggestions. Thanks for help

2. Remove Ads

Do the 40cal mags fit in the 9mm pistols? I don't know Kahr. I know I can put a 40cal Glock mag in a 9mm Glock. I'm just guessing here about the possibility of having a 40cal magazine loaded with 9mm for some reason. Either that or the mag spring is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Do the 40cal mags fit in the 9mm pistols? I don't know Kahr. I know I can put a 40cal Glock mag in a 9mm Glock. I'm just guessing here about the possibility of having a 40cal magazine loaded with 9mm for some reason. Either that or the mag spring is toast.
    If not that could be bent feed lips being spread out,how old is mag,also just carruing a mag in a pocket is a bad idea,you can get a foreign object in the mag even pocket lint that can cause a jam when you really really wanta gun in action
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Welcome to DC.

Also try disassembling the mag, clean and inspect them for worn or damaged parts.

You'd be surprised what gets stuck inside those things.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum.

As to the problem with the magazine. Measure the lip separation on a magazine that your not having the problem with, then measure the magazine your having the problem with. Just a guess, but I'll bet you'll find the lips have spread on the bad magazine. If that is the problem you can crefully bend them back into specification.

Don't know about kahr, but CZ .40 cal magazines will not hold 9mm rounds. The lip separation is too wide and the 9mm passes right through when you try and load it.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If not that could be bent feed lips being spread out,how old is mag,also just carruing a mag in a pocket is a bad idea,you can get a foreign object in the mag even pocket lint that can cause a jam when you really really wanta gun in action
    +1

Weak spring or bent/worn feed lips were the first thoughts I had after reading your post
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links