Walmart ammo... OK, what's going on here ???

This is a discussion on Walmart ammo... OK, what's going on here ??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw a thread on here mentioning how their ammo is not in the open but being put in locked cases. That's nothing new here, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart ammo... OK, what's going on here ???

I saw a thread on here mentioning how their ammo is not in the open but being put in locked cases. That's nothing new here, it's been that way for awhile. However, today.... I was in 2 different Walmarts that always carried handgun ammo and both had changed everything around and only had 'hunting ' ammo (for rifles). There were NO spots for handgun ammo, that was now for GPS's. I asked about it and they said, Walmart is going to eliminate carrying any handgun ammo and carry 'rifle' ammo only. Ironic, they had lots of .223 there.

Anyone seeing this happen in their areas ? ? Is some quiet little thing going on here with Walmart and their policy ??

Around here, you either get it at Walmart, or at 1 of 2 gun ranges, Gander Mtn, or Sports Authority and all of those are way over-priced. So, getting handgun ammo may now be restricted to on-line resources.

I still see more handgun ammo coming into Walmarts in the Houston area.

I was in Wal-mart a few days ago and saw 10 boxes of .40 win. pdx1
    That's the first decent ammo I've seen in a while.
    We still have ammo.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I keep on seeing more and more appear around here. I just got a box of .380's for my new LCP. I walked by the case and my jaw dropped. To bad there was only one box.
    "It is better to judged by 12, Than to be carried by 6"

"You ask me why I carry so much gear??? I ask you why you are not prepared?"

I hope they keep on selling it. I always see 40S&W now, and yes...plenty of the Federal .223 100ct boxes still for under $40. I've seen some PD ammo show up as well. Just this evening bought a box of 40S&W Winchester Bonded PDX1 180gr JHP for $21.97. Looks just like the old Black Talon ammo but not black.

It's not a matter of "having ammo", they are eliminating the shelf space, etc. and will no longer be carrying any handgun ammo. There is no longer even a spot for it in the ammo cases.

I saw 9mm WB in a nearby WalMart for the first time in a year a few days ago.

Sounds like the elimination for that particular store only. If they decided to make it a store wide policy, that would be detrimental. Where else can one buy a value pack of 9mm 100 count ammo for $20.97? and 45 ACP Value Pack 100 count for $30.00??

Same here in Michigan at the store I frequent they have plenty of ammo but it sells out almost as soon as they put it out! I was told to call in the morning around 7am and the manager can tell me whats coming in and when I should come in to pick it up.

Tom j.

Mine still stocks Handgun ammo and i hope that doesnt change. Its the only place I can get cheap 45 and 380.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Ours are still stocking handgun ammo. Hitting the right time to get 9mm is a trick, but everytime I go in they have .40s&w.
    NRA Life Member

This doesn't surprise me,
    A while back a WM manager told me that WM was getting out of the 'gun business' and also said they were cutting back on their ammo selection.

I was assured they would keep selling hand gun ammo because of the high demand.

We'll see
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I find it a bit ironic that WalMart is backing off on selling pistol ammo, and one usually needs an extra mag when in one of their parking lots.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well the first issue is that you are shopping at WalMart...... Walmart has cheap ammo and times are tough, but call me elitist or what have you, but my hard earned buck is not going to support gun control!!!!!!! Pay a couple bucks more at you local gun shop, you can rest soundly knowing that the money you spent wont be supporting anti-gun organizations like Mayors Against Guns or Micheal Bloomberg. Plus the conversation is better at your local gun shop, there is no WalMart greeter and the guy/girl behind the counter will know the difference between 147g or 125g ammo and wont be some snot nose kid (but a snot nose kid in a gun shop wouldn't be that bad). America was built by great citizens that took a stand, maybe its time we as great citizens should take a stand!!!!!!!! So, when big organizations like Walmart have their way and we loose our guns and rights, don't come crying to me. Just my 2 cents worth........

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha View Post
    Pay a couple bucks more at you local gun shop
    I do everything I can to support my favorite gun shop. If it was only a couple bucks more, I'd buy there in a minute. Unfortunately, it's a lot more than a couple bucks.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links