Hello 911? Oops I lost my gun...

This is a discussion on Hello 911? Oops I lost my gun... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Eagle man misses gun at shooting range | VailDaily.com Editor's note: The following excerpts were taken from Eagle County law enforcement officers and police reports. ...

Thread: Hello 911? Oops I lost my gun...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Hello 911? Oops I lost my gun...

Eagle man misses gun at shooting range | VailDaily.com

Editor's note:
    The following excerpts were taken from Eagle County law enforcement officers and police reports.

Eagle man misses gun at shooting range
    Man had been shooting a .22-caliber weapon
    Vail Daily staff report
    newsroom@vaildaily.com

Eagle, CO Colorado,

An Eagle man reported his handgun missing after an afternoon outing at the Gypsum Shooting Sports complex last week.

The man reported the missing gun around 7:15 p.m. He told sheriff's deputies that he had been shooting the .22 caliber weapon at the Gypsum complex around 12:30 p.m. that day. When he finished, the man thought he had carried the gun to his car and placed it in its carrying case before leaving the site and returning to his Eagle home.

At around 4 p.m., the man remembered that he hadn't yet brought the gun inside, so he went out to retrieve it from his vehicle. He couldn't find the weapon, so he returned to the shooting range, thinking he had perhaps left it on a bench. A search of the area failed to turn up the weapon.

Deputies instructed the man to continue looking for the gun and notify them if it turned up. In the meantime, they listed the weapon as stolen.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

At the very least very irresponsible, must be they don't have cameras at the range.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Once or twice leaves a firearm at my range. Usually a pistol or some sort. The range is full of honest high caliber people upon discovery, the RSO will take it and locate it's proper owner...

why shoot anywhere less?
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

We had an FBI agent leave 2 pistols at the range. The 1st we caught while he was still there and it was promptly returned. Later, we found another. He was a jerk about it and we required proof of ownership before returning it. Imagine trying to come up with proof of ownership for a 20 yr old gun.

Another guy left a gun at the range and we figured out whose it was, put his name on it and put it in the safe. He called about 2 days later looking for it. He was supposed to get it the next day. 3 wks later, he still hadn't picked up his gun. I think we still have it, but haven't heard anything else concerning the gun. After some research with the ATF, if he doesn't come get it soon it becomes property of the range. What a tool.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I'm sorry, I have never and can't even fathom leaving a weapon at the range or anywhere else. Then we wonder why the other side is so dang nervous about some of us having guns when we have people leaving guns and forgetting them and such as this. Give me a break.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I'm sorry, I have never and can't even fathom leaving a weapon at the range or anywhere else. ...Give me a break.
    Accidents do happen. Cars crash into trees, babies get left in car seats, NASA looses spacecraft, YoYo Ma left his 12 million dollar cello in a taxi, and things get left at the range.

There is always risk... we can minimize it, but it is always there.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Links