KS message board?

This is a discussion on KS message board? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Since KSCC seems to be gone, I was wondering if there was another message board for KS. At least the greater wichita area? Thanks. BTW, ...

Thread: KS message board?

KS message board?

Since KSCC seems to be gone, I was wondering if there was another message board for KS. At least the greater wichita area? Thanks.

BTW, if there's anyone from my area who can help me find a gunsmith open to teaching an apprentice, please let me know. That's what I need the local board for. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Kaz, They are working on KSCCW.com, We'll be getting it back soon. Keep your Chin up until then come join the rest of the Refugee party here. Macklin even made it.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    Since KSCC seems to be gone, I was wondering if there was another message board for KS. At least the greater wichita area? Thanks.

BTW, if there's anyone from my area who can help me find a gunsmith open to teaching an apprentice, please let me know. That's what I need the local board for. Thanks.
    Hey I am from wichita area and am looking for someone to duracoat my handgun, have you ever done that, plus I need a front sight on my kahr i am wanting to replace it, it is plastic. just let me know thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mddennett View Post
    Hey I am from wichita area and am looking for someone to duracoat my handgun, have you ever done that, plus I need a front sight on my kahr i am wanting to replace it, it is plastic. just let me know thanks
    Never Duracoated before, can't help you there. The front site I'd be willing to do with someone I know like a friend or family member. But having never worked on a "customer's" guns, only taken a written course in gunsmithing, I don't have a shop of my own or a shop that I'm working for... I probably need to say no. ;) It isn't hard, but I gotta think CYA, ya know?

You could probably do it yourself though. Got a couple small wooden blocks, a vice, a small brass punch, and a small hammer? Just don't tighten that vice down so much it squeezes the rails together. I've seen that happen. If you're thinking tritium sights and don't want to risk breaking the vial, you'll want a press, but with regular sights a hammer jobbie should work.

I'm wondering about it getting back very soon..... after taking this long and not being up.

Links