Strange behavior

This is a discussion on Strange behavior within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yeah, I feel something is weird here, but it's not the husband....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange behavior

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Yeah, I feel something is weird here, but it's not the husband.

2. Remove Ads

Like many others he probably woke up to the fact that his 2nd amendment right were in danger of being lost and he is buying guns while he still can. If he is leaving them laying all around the house he is just trying to enjoy them. I don't see a problem, she need to talk to him. Perhaps she should ask him to go shopping with her to buy her a gun.

Doesn't sound strange at all.

Wish I had some extra cash for some new toys!
    Could the "suppressor" be a simple muzzle brake for a rifle?
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Yeah, "suppressor" is an odd choice of words... unless she knows a little something about guns, she would have used the movie term "silencer"... it might be "weird" for someone to "assemble an arsenal" out of the blue... but then again, someone with ill intent probably doesn't join the NRA before a rampage...

What are their financial means...? JD is correct in that dropping a bunch of coin on full auto stuff in this economy is not the behavior of someone with a passing fancy in firearms...

Or, maybe he sees a coming apocalypse... back in '52, he woulda been the guy that dumped 10 grand in a concrete bomb shelter, filled it with canned food and shotguns, and was ready to hunker down when the Ruskies come...

Takes all kinds...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

+1 for staying out of someone else's marrital stuff, even close friends. She should be asking him, not anyone else.

I've had some guns for a long time (pre-marriage), mostly 22s, and used to shoot a lot. I bought a 357 mag about 3 years after married and didn't shoot it for 13 years. We moved to another state and I didn't hang out with my old shooting buddies anymore. In the last year or so, I've gotten back into guns and shooting (and buying guns) when me and a bunch of my buddies at work got our CC permits. We all now go out shooting, talk guns, joined the NRA, go to gun shows, etc. My wife asked my the same kinds of stuff, "why the sudden 'obcession' with guns...yada yada." For me, it was the re-birth of a former hobby due to now having lots of friends who are into the same thing. It's like golf...I played for 20 years, but now that I don't have people to play golf with anymore, I kind of lost interest playing alone all of the time (I used that analogy with my wife regarding something else too...it didn't help).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Well, a rifle and 2 handguns (qualifies as plural) is not too far out of the norm. Might have decided to blow his year end bonus on toys.

A low end semi auto rifle and two or three (bunch) of low end handguns might hit $1k. Kind of depends on what he got.

I agree, take him shooting and see what's up. Surprising what you can figure out about a person just by going shooting with them.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

He's not listening to those talk-radio shows, is he? What is he saying at the bar or the coffee counter? For some reason, besides my Civil War reenacting during the past decade, I had little if any interest in guns; since I had a few but enough. I quit shooting 30 years ago because the countryside disappeared around here and you could only shoot at a range. But, since a pal and I retired, we decided to take and pass a CCW class at a local shooting range. Shortly before that, we started buying handguns, not stopping each other, buying more at gun shows and gun stores, walking around and talking with gun men and friends. I went to the range, today, and tried out a couple of new guns for fun. Maybe, it is a new hobby? Or preparing for personal defense, just in case. When does one become a gun nut? No, don't ask The Brady Bunch. Oh, I wish that I would have bought some Colts and Kimbers instead of that bankrupt Kmart and airline stock that dropped like a rock and became as worthless as dirt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links